All my Task Manager tabs are missing

bert913

When I open my Task Manager I have the list of processes, the gray border around them and the End Process button and that’s all. Everything else is missing. I have no tabs, no blue border and no Minimize, Maximize or Close buttons.
Can anyone tell me how to get them back.
The End Process button works and I can close using the little square at the right end of the Taskbar.
I am using Windows XP home.

I read somewhere to do this :

Go to Start >>> select Run >>> type taskmgr.exe.

Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift together, and while holding them down, press ENTER.

I did it twice, it didn’t work.

P.S. I found a thread with the same problem but I couldn’t figure out how to read any replies.

The reason this problem is likely to lead to virus or Trojan attacks, "Task Manager" is disabled, the solution to the problem are:
(1) the use of anti-virus software for viruses.
(2) with the mouse on the desktop, select "Start → Run."
(3) In the pop-up window "Open" field type gpedit.msc and click "OK" button to launch the "Group Policy" editor.
(4) "Local Computer Policy" under, expand "User Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Login / Register" branch.
(5) in the right window, double-click "Disable Task Manager" item in the pop-up window, select "Not Configured" option, click "OK" button to save and exit. This press "Ctrl + Alt + Del" key combination brings up the "Task Manager" of the.

Say what?

Thanks okayo0, but that’s way too complicated for a computer illiterate like me.
I took the advice of WinXPert and double clicked on the border. The tabs came back and everything works fine.

Back