Alleged RTX 4090 Ti specs leak: powerful, hungry, and likely very expensive

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: We're starting to get a better indication of whether Nvidia will release an RTX 4090 Ti or a Titan RTX Ada. According to the latest rumors, both cards will be launched at some point. A leaker claims the RTX 4090 Ti will use the AD102 GPU, pack 24GB of 24 Gbps memory, and have a TBP of 600W.

The latest claim that Nvidia will release a Ti version of the incredibly powerful RTX 4090 comes from prolific hardware leaker @kopite7kimi, who has a good record when it comes to these sorts of leaks. They tweeted that the RTX 4090 Ti (model PG136/139-SKU310) will use a slightly cut-down version of the AD102 with 18,176 Cuda cores, 192 ROPs, 568 TMUs, a 96MB L2cache, and a 384-bit memory bus.

That AD102 configuration is similar to the one used in the RTX 6000 Ada Generation card aimed at the professional and enterprise market, though that $7,000+ product packs 48GB of GDDR6.

The specs would push the RTX 4090 Ti's maximum bandwidth to 1,152 GB/s, meaning not only would the Ti pack more FP32 Cuda cores than the standard version of the card, but also feature more bandwidth.

One area where the RTX 4090 has the unreleased card beaten is its Total Board Power (TBP). The current Lovelace flagship has a 450W TBP, while the RTX 4090 Ti is said to have a 600W TBP. We can also expect the Ti to carry an even heftier price tag than its sibling, which has an eye-watering $1,600 MSRP and usually sells for a lot more. The Ti version could be closer to $2,000, and that's just the recommended retail price.

There's no word on when the RTX 4090 Ti might arrive. VideoCardz notes that an alleged photo of some metal from the card's cooler design has already leaked, possibly indicating that a new consumer flagship is in the works.

As expensive, fast, and power-hungry as the RTX 4090 Ti is, it will likely be surpassed in those areas by the Titan RTX Ada. Purported photos (above) of the enterprise-focused card leaked yesterday, and it's alleged to feature 48GB of GDDR6X, 18,176 CUDA cores, and a TDP of 800W.

Permalink to story.

So depending on the game, nvidia will have the first, second, and maybe third most powerful GPU on the graph.

OOF. Were back to the polaris days.
Still depends on the game, Warzone 2 the 7900XTX is the king. But yes Nvidia on average will be the top. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 7950XTX in Q4.

I love the headline's description of the RTX 4090 Ti:
"powerful, hungry, and likely very expensive"
What can I say except...
images

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have to say, its funny how the weak minded are only saying "its already faster than everything" but conveniently leave the price fact behind.

Which then brings the point, these halo devices have always been the minority, market share wise, so its only good for the reviewers and paid nvidia shills that keep pushing the 4090 and soon the new one down our throats, but very few will buy it, even the ones with the money, simply based on principle and logic.

Is there a specific reason why it doesn't come with water cooling, like AMD did with the Radeon R9 in the past?

What's the point of taking up three or four seats in the box, blocking the airflow and looking like a brick?

It costs almost as much as a used car, is water cooling a luxury?

There was an article a short while ago about some guy receiving weights instead of his 4090. I think they were Nvidia`s 4090ti counterweights sent by mistake. But don`t fret, they`re sold separately for a mere 499$. Huang knows his business.

I have to say, its funny how the weak minded are only saying "its already faster than everything" but conveniently leave the price fact behind.

Which then brings the point, these halo devices have always been the minority, market share wise, so its only good for the reviewers and paid nvidia shills that keep pushing the 4090 and soon the new one down our throats, but very few will buy it, even the ones with the money, simply based on principle and logic.
Hasn't that always been the way? :laughing:
Is there a specific reason why it doesn't come with water cooling, like AMD did with the Radeon R9 in the past?
Sure. It's probably cheaper to mass-produce a huge air cooler when you already have the OEM by the short-and-curlies with the contract for all of your other cards.
What's the point of taking up three or four seats in the box, blocking the airflow and looking like a brick?
The fact that nVidia doesn't make more money by improving your case airflow and not looking like a brick.
It looks like nVidia seems to think so.

Half-Jokes aside, history shows us that people don't seem to like video cards that are liquid-cooled. The R9 Fury-X didn't sell well because most people just want to slot their video cards in without having to think about routing coolant hoses. It's stupid but true.

The current cards that are out are too expensive and people are not buying them. nVidia even had to scale back their TSMC chip orders because they're selling so poorly. So the solution is to release an even bigger and more expensive card of course!

The current cards that are out are too expensive and people are not buying them. nVidia even had to scale back their TSMC chip orders because they're selling so poorly. So the solution is to release an even bigger and more expensive card of course!
And reduce current capacity + increase price even more. Why not, we showed them that we can buy a 3060 at almost $1000 for last two years.

Waiting for the teardown video, most curious thing in GPU since long time.

The same reason AMD no longer users water cooling on their radeons
1) air coolers are cheaper, and capable of easily handling the heat (see also 4090)
2)water coolers have more moving parts, harder to ship, and make warranties a nightmare
3) from a consumer standpoint, AIOs are anti consumer, they cannot be easily serviced giving them an artificial lifetime.
4) if you are buying a $2000 GPU, a $120 waterblock is not going to break the bank
5) standalone waterblocks are FAR superior in both performance and noise then AIOs
6) many people do not want watercooling in their PCs.

Hope this helps.

tell me you're salty without telling me you're salty.

ROFL... I didn't knew that Polaris cost 1000$...

Not to burst your bubble, but the AIBs version of 7900XTX is barely 15% slower than a 4090 while costing almost half the price.
Nice whataboutism, of course you completely missed the point. Position on the performance graph has nothing to do with cost.

The same reason AMD no longer users water cooling on their radeons
1) air coolers are cheaper, and capable of easily handling the heat (see also 4090)
2)water coolers have more moving parts, harder to ship, and make warranties a nightmare
3) from a consumer standpoint, AIOs are anti consumer, they cannot be easily serviced giving them an artificial lifetime.
4) if you are buying a $2000 GPU, a $120 waterblock is not going to break the bank
5) standalone waterblocks are FAR superior in both performance and noise then AIOs
6) many people do not want watercooling in their PCs.

Hope this helps.
tell me you're salty without telling me you're salty.

Anyone buying a 4080 or a 4090 is a brainwashed fanboy who can only make 36 EASY payments of 50$...

Not to burst your bubble, but the AIBs version of 7900XTX is barely 15% slower than a 4090 while costing almost half the price.
It only barely does at 4k... it is insulting for a GPU costing almost twice as much.

https://b2c-contenthub.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/codmw2.jpg?quality=50&strip=all&w=1200
As we know, only dumb fanboys care about which card "Has the performance crown" because very few people actually buy those cards and they have no bearing on the cards that most people can afford.

People with brains in their heads only care about who has the performance crown at the price point that they're willing and able to pay. If a person can only afford an RX 6800 XT / RTX 4070, why would they care about the RX 6950 XT and RTX 3090 Ti? The obvious choice would be to get the fastest card that they could afford (in this case the RX 6800 XT) and ignore everything else.

The speed of the RTX 3090 Ti doesn't make the RTX 3070 any faster so only really dumb people would care about that. It's like the speed of the Ford GT40 prompting someone to buy a Focus. It's just laughably stupid. :laughing:

As we know, only dumb fanboys care about which card "Has the performance crown" because very few people actually buy those cards and they have no bearing on the cards that most people can afford.

People with brains in their heads only care about who has the performance crown at the price point that they're willing and able to pay. If a person can only afford an RX 6800 XT / RTX 4070, why would they care about the RX 6950 XT and RTX 3090 Ti? The obvious choice would be to get the fastest card that they could afford (in this case the RX 6800 XT) and ignore everything else.

The speed of the RTX 3090 Ti doesn't make the RTX 3070 any faster so only really dumb people would care about that. It's like the speed of the Ford GT40 prompting someone to buy a Focus. It's just laughably stupid. :laughing:
Pretending the halo effect isnt real is part of why AMD is now at 8% marketshare by sales.

It only barely does at 4k... it is insulting for a GPU costing almost twice as much.

https://b2c-contenthub.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/codmw2.jpg?quality=50&strip=all&w=1200

Where are you getting this pricing from? are 7900XTX's £800 where you are?
Because if so, I think I know where I'm buying my next GPU.

Back