Amazon has Project Scorpio Xbox One X Limited Editions in stock (again)

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member

Remember back in August when a couple of online stores "accidentally" leaked the special Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition? The following week, Microsoft confirmed the release and said it was limited to pre-orders only. GameStop and Amazon immediately sold out of the "rare" box and pre-orders were even being listed on eBay for up to $2,500.

Well, apparently it was not as limited as we thought. Amazon now has a fresh shipment of the Project Scorpio emblazoned consoles. The units come in black only with the green logo appearing on the unit and the controller.

Other than the Project Scorpio branding, the special XboneX is exactly like its normal counterpart with a 1TB hard drive and a $500 price tag. If you are buying one anyway, you might as well get it with the logo, right?

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Its not exactly like a normal X apart from logo - it also has a gray gradient color (I think its ugly).

Theyve been going in and out of stock since day one of preorders- I imagine they made alot of them on top of people canceling a bunch of preorders and companies canceling them because of a bunch of wierd logistical issues.

Wrong!!!! I seen on Walmart and Target and Best Buys plus Amazon. The same Scorpio Edition of the Xbox One X. I called Gamestop and they told me this isn't the same as the Scorpio Edition offered months ago originally. With that system you received other goodies included in the box. That is why that Scorpio Edition Plus cost almost $300 more! This Scorpio Edition is just cosmetics only and nothing special beyond that. So if MS offers a black Xbox One X soon after these SE versions sell out. You are not missing out on anything special the SE boxes offer!

"Remember back in August when a couple of online stores "accidentally" leaked the special Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition?"
Nope. I remember more important and interesting things. Not trivial things like this.

Wait, what? How many Xbox consoles are there now? Is this just aesthetics? Some game branding? Different hardware? How is this different from the Xbox One? Or the Xbox One X? What's the difference between those anyway?

Here I was thinking Scropio was just their internal development name.

This is like the WiiU all over again.

Wrong!!!! I seen on Walmart and Target and Best Buys plus Amazon. The same Scorpio Edition of the Xbox One X. I called Gamestop and they told me this isn't the same as the Scorpio Edition offered months ago originally. With that system you received other goodies included in the box. That is why that Scorpio Edition Plus cost almost $300 more! This Scorpio Edition is just cosmetics only and nothing special beyond that. So if MS offers a black Xbox One X soon after these SE versions sell out. You are not missing out on anything special the SE boxes offer!

It was just cosmetic changes (logo, box, etc) and a Vertical Stand. It had same retail price as normal one X, was just a pre-order thing. I have one. Its lovely. :)

Info:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/20/16160650/microsoft-xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition-preorders

Back