AMD A6 5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Macho

I am just a noob with a H.P. Notebook, laptop. Super User forums show a discussion, about "jerking" mouse pointer, and H.P. authorities only ask for a driver update. But, a problem with the Microsoft Windows, driver when we used Device Manager
and Graphics Display Adapter. Originally Microsoft installs its basic Microsoft adapter driver, and then when I downloaded
Radeon-software-adrenalin-2020, and ran it, to install my driver, I got results that were discussed with a jerky mouse pointer and I could not even watch a simple video on YouTube. Userbenchmark.exe flunked me at the 4th percentile.

A noob at a laptop computer like me had a long day. Any suggestions?

I am just a noob with a H.P. Notebook, laptop. Super User forums show a discussion, about "jerking" mouse pointer, and H.P. authorities only ask for a driver update. But, a problem with the Microsoft Windows, driver when we used Device Manager
and Graphics Display Adapter. Originally Microsoft installs its basic Microsoft adapter driver, and then when I downloaded
Radeon-software-adrenalin-2020, and ran it, to install my driver, I got results that were discussed with a jerky mouse pointer and I could not even watch a simple video on YouTube. Userbenchmark.exe flunked me at the 4th percentile.

A noob at a laptop computer like me had a long day. Any suggestions?
Device Manager, double click display adapter, click on roll back
display adapter driver. For 5 years many people have had to suffer with using a "jerky mouse pointer" and lagging graphics display, that is not even usable. It causes this type of rage.

A simple fix, and if some one just told me, I would not have been like these angry computer users for a week.

That cpu is about 7 yrs old so I am not surprised the whole laptop is feeling slow and even to the point where the mouse pointer stutters. Your manufacturer has probably not written custom drivers for your laptop so you are running on base drivers and that hurts performance a little bit more. A SSD swapped in for the hard drive would help a little bit and making sure it is fully updated helps too (Less programs trying to download updates in the background).

If it were me, I would start saving for something newer. This time shoot for a Ryzen mobile processor or an Intel I5 or better and make sure it has a SSD =)

That cpu is about 7 yrs old so I am not surprised the whole laptop is feeling slow and even to the point where the mouse pointer stutters. Your manufacturer has probably not written custom drivers for your laptop so you are running on base drivers and that hurts performance a little bit more. A SSD swapped in for the hard drive would help a little bit and making sure it is fully updated helps too (Less programs trying to download updates in the background).

If it were me, I would start saving for something newer. This time shoot for a Ryzen mobile processor or an Intel I5 or better and make sure it has a SSD =)
I got a iPhone repair kit from ebay. To open up my HP
laptop, it takes a little prying with those tools or a guitar pick, or credit card, or the prying tools in that kit. No glue with a laptop although. I added 4 GB RAM. The WD Hard drive was dated 2015. After a new clean install of Windows 10 2004, the same problem came back in 10 minutes. Another HD I had was exactly the same when a fresh install at first does the trick, but in 10 minues it comes back again. At first Windows online driver update could not locate a display adapter driver, and then, it finds AMD Radeon. I went onto
your advice of a SSD, and it installed only Microsoft Basic
adapter driver, that worked. No stutter, and the circle of balls that Windows 10 has turning did not stop for a second and then rotate for 4 seconds. The secret is in the ROLL BACK, of the driver to only Microsoft basic adapter driver dated 2007. If the roll back feature is not lit, to use, then disabling and deleting the driver does not work after a re boot, the AMD driver is again install automatically. The AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING to AMD, is the problem.

How can automatic updating of drivers be turned off?
Just disabling the display adapter also works, but not after a reboot, while connected to online, it automatically turns on and updates.

How good a 4 core processor is, even if it is 7 years old.
It does not heat up like Intel, and is fast enough, and I do not expect a gaming HP laptop from this small computer. Satisfied with it just without the AMD driver installed.

Ahh ok well to disable that auto drive thing just type down in the search bar This PC, then [right click] on the result above that says This PC then [Left Click] Properties on the left of the new window [Left Click] Advanced system settings on the next new window that pops up [Left click] on the Hardware tab then [Left CLick] on the Device Installation Settings [Left Click] No [LEft click] save changes

Back