AMD Phenom II X6 1090T vs. AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black

Atham

Which one of these is better? I might be overclocking and there is a price difference of about 30 euros. So which should I consider to buy?

Thanks in advance

Mizzou

They are very close in performance, some reviews indicate that the 1100T is a slightly better overclocker. The price difference in the U.S. is only $10, not sure there's 30 euros worth of difference though.

red1776

What Mizzou said.
I just replaced the 1055T with a 1100T while I wait...and wait...and wait for the !#&*%!#@ Bulldozer to come out...but I digress, I thought I might be able to get a bit more OC out of it as it's binned at the top of the series. I did get an extra 150Mhz from it and at a bit less voltage, but that is never guaranteed, so you have to decide if the extra 30 euros is worth it to you.

Atham

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Up to 30 Euros. The prices always change in the shop I am looking at. Actually it is now only 15 Euros.

So the 1100T would be better.

Atham

The prices always change.

About the two processors, which one would be better for gaming. I think there is minimal difference, I am just making sure.

Mizzou

If you can afford the little bit extra for the 1100T it would give you a slight advantage over the 1090T.

red1776

What are the advantages except for the core speed.
Like i said previously, It may be binned a bit higher for a possible slightly higher OC.
other than that, they are the same CPU.

1090T = 3200 Mhz + Unlocked multiplier
1100T = 3300 Mhz + Unlocked multiplier

Atham

If I was to use the stock cooler, by how much could I overclock with both processors?

I looked up the review on the 1100T BE. It says applications today can only make the use of up to 4 cores and not 6. For gaming which processor would be better than the 1100T?

red1776

not much. I would not go more than 3.6-3.7 ( the turbo boost) if you get either, I would figure an aftermarket cooler into the budget.for OC'ing. The stock cooler is a basic square aluminum fin array with a single heatpipe.
I am running my 1100T @ 4.3Ghz ( a reasonable expectation) but you will not get anywhere near that with the retail cooler.
If I was to use the stock cooler, by how much could I overclock with both processors?
I think you might be missing the point somewhat, they are the same CPU. anything more you pay for is the 100Mhz + factory speed.

Atham

I think I will be using the CORSAIR Air Series A-70. Will I get past 4 Ghz with this CPU Cooler.