AMD Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards rumored to land between October and November

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: AMD recently revealed some details about its upcoming RDNA 3-based Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards, but we still don't know the all-important launch dates. According to a regular and reliable leaker, they will arrive sometime between late October and mid-November, just after the company releases its Zen 4-powered Ryzen 7000 CPUs.

Those dates come from a tweet by Greymon55 (via VideoCardz), who cites a "reliable" source. The leaker believes the cards will arrive very soon after the Ryzen 7000 processors that land sometime between late September and early October, leaving little time between the two launches.

It's believed that AMD will release the Navi 31 GPU for the flagship Radeon RX 7900 series first, followed by the Navi 33- and Navi 32-based cards. This is similar to Nvidia's reported plans to launch the powerful RTX 4090 first, followed by the 4080, 4070, then 4060.

Speaking of team green, AMD's rumored card launch dates would likely clash with Nvidia's. The latest reports claim the RTX 4090 will land in September or October, with a four-week interval between each subsequent release.

While all of these dates are just rumors and should be taken with a heavy dose of salt, it seems like a safe bet that Intel will beat both companies to market with its Arc desktop GPUs, which, despite the recently announced delay, are still expected in late summer.

AMD recently showed off its CPU and GPU roadmaps. They confirm rumors that the 5nm RDNA 3 cards will return to a chiplet design and feature DisplayPort 2.0 support to deliver uncompressed 4K gaming at 240Hz, thanks to the 80Gbps of bandwidth.

Permalink to story.

I am looking forward to new cards as long as crypto stays depressed and then gamers will have a good time after several years of very bad times. Then there is ray tracing. AMD can't get away with sub par headline feature performance like that any more.

This is the third generation from Nvidia, ray tracing acceleration should start to feel mature. AMD have to close the gap or face being also rans in sales and market share once again.

So, March/April 2023 before you'll actually be able to buy one without jumping through the now absurd customary hoops that follows every new GPU launch.

And of course, the nvidia name is mentioned.

This is an article about AMD that really can stand on its own, but noo, he must include nvidia.

Fine, lets go along...reads the article...and find the typical "game of words"..

Nvidia's reported plans to launch the powerful RTX 4090

*sigh*....powerful....

Did such a word was used in reference of any of the AMD cards on the article? nope.

Does he already knows the performance benchmarks to justify that? nope but that wont stop the fluffing.

To be honest, the tech industry is beyond polluted with these biased tech writers whom seems to forget that their words have certain weight and will influence buyers, hence they need to be unbiased and adhere to a higher standard.

The sad reality, only Steve is that fair and unbiased.

*sigh*....powerful....

Did such a word was used in reference of any of the AMD cards on the article? nope.

Does he already knows the performance benchmarks to justify that? nope but that wont stop the fluffing.

Why would anyone expect the 7900 to be powerful ? I mean, RDNA2 was only 2080Ti performance at best like everyone expected….why should RDNA3 be any different ?

Why would anyone expect the 7900 to be powerful ? I mean, RDNA2 was only 2080Ti performance at best like everyone expected….why should RDNA3 be any different ?
Maybe because so far, AMD has keep their word in doubling performance every gen they release?

Also, I see RDNA2 trading blows with a 3090Ti and given the worshiping that gpu gets (without taking away the fact that it is a powerful GPU) then I can say that RDNA2 is indeed powerful.

But the point was the language used in the article.

Edit, sorry, I missed the invisible /S. You got me good there :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
AMD is doing very good as a challenger to NVidia, and I don't think they can change that position with the RDNA2. People are requiring a lot of Ray Tracing but that feature is not really useful. Just a gimmick, at the moment. Maybe till the day when game devs can fully use the Unreal Engine 5 with Ray tracing adaptations right from the beginning, then it will be a must, but not now.
As long as AMD can keep their GPU prices reasonable with a good rasterization and not a crazy TDP, I think they will do great.

Ah the gloves are coming off.

I'm wondering if, even though Nvidia pumps 115 more watts into the 3090ti than the 6950 XT while still being a hair slower, what the gap in power draw will be in the next gen.

We already know that Nvidia is just going to pour power into the 4000 series through a funnel.

People are requiring a lot of Ray Tracing but that feature is not really useful. Just a gimmick...
I admit my ignorance on the subject of gaming -- I spend fewer hours a year gaming than many of you do per week -- but I just don't understand this attitude. The worst 1080p movie at 30 frames per seconds is more realistic than the best game @ 4K and 150 fps. Enhanced physics and ray tracing is the future -- not increased pixel counts and frame rates.,

I admit my ignorance on the subject of gaming -- I spend fewer hours a year gaming than many of you do per week -- but I just don't understand this attitude. The worst 1080p movie at 30 frames per seconds is more realistic than the best game @ 4K and 150 fps. Enhanced physics and ray tracing is the future -- not increased pixel counts and frame rates.,
I'm not exactly an expert in the field, either. Not even close. But the thing a lot of folks have against Ray Tracing is that it has a very small effect on actual gameplay graphics. It is mostly a stop and stare feature in that as you play you aren't going to see everything it's offering. Now RT lighting is, different, but it can be an even bigger FPS killer and its looks are definitely subjective.
A lot of people see Ray Traced lighting as the Michael Bay of gaming graphics.
Way overdone and mostly unnecessary.

I am not a FPS worshipper. But, don't underestimate the crispness of high refresh rate, in terms of immersive environment or at the sweaty end of competitive multiplayer games.

Well as I said, at the moment it is a gimmick, and I also said that it will be a must in the future so I think my attitude is quite clear.

Back