AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescla

I'll get a random BSOD after i OC my CPU. Even when i OC from 1.8 to 1.9Ghz, i get the BSOD's. Help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: K8V-X SE
OC via BIOS

Additional CPU info:
AMD Sempron 3000+; Palermo; socket 754​

info from AIDA32:

no serial
256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM

M2G9IA8ATT9F0811A4
(256MB) PC3200 DDR SDRAM

"No 512, 2x 156"...

you mean 512MB, 2X256MB don't you? Have you played with the memory timings/ voltages?

can't find memory timings/voltages in the bios (k8v-x se). Couldn't find divider either :( I think that the mem maby instable when i oc the fsb.

If it is true that you have no settings or divider options in the bios, you can't or shouldn't overclock at all... This Asus board is very minimal and will most likely NOT support overclocking

True, asus with agp. I can oc my video card though. Isn't there an modified BIOS available? or a program wich allows me to edit my memory settings?

There is actualy a memory setting, but i don't know how this works. Looks a bit like this: 3-3-3-8. There are a lot of different settings, no clue witch one is good.

Found something:

If i go to memory configuration (someware VERY deep in the tabs) i can set memclockmode [auto]. I can set that to [limit] and i get some more menu's. Memclock to CPU ratio: i can set this to either 1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 5:3 or 2:1.

Wich is the best to chose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back