Analyze minidump. Computer hangs with no BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cRaZi_RiCaN

Hi, my PC hangs randomly with normal use like browsing, music etc. sometimes while booting or shutting down and it hangs more often while playing games.

I only got 1 BSOD after multiple hangs and it was during shutting down. Any help or links to where i can learn how to analyze these dumps would be appreciated.

Your error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware but sometimes by a driver.

The driver cited is eamon.sys which belongs to your NOD32 antivirus (I run the same antivirus). This is a very good software though there have been known issues with eamon.sys from time to time.

I am not saying that this is your issue per se because of the 0x8E error code which makes me think hardware may still the issue or other device drivers and that it took multiple hangings before you even got one BSOD.

Here are some suggestions:

A. The simplest thing is to disable NOD32 and attempt to play a game or two, or playing music. Do you gain stability?

B. Check your system temperatures and if all fans are working.

C. Scan for infections.

D. Update your video card drivers:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

E. Run memtest on your RAM:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

F. Run ChkDsk

* Get back to us with the results.

* Another thing you might want to try is going to ESET's official forums at www.wilderssecurity.com and join their forums. Then post you received a BSOD and the probable cause was cited as eamon.sys as per your minidump file. You'll get fast help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back