Android executive Hugo Barra leaving Google for Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
One of Google’s top smartphone team members is leaving the company to take a position with upstart Chinese handset maker Xiaomi. Hugo Barra, current vice president of product management for Android, announced the decision on his Google+ page late yesterday...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/53817-android-executive-hugo-barra-leaving-google-for-chinese-smartphone-maker-xiaomi.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

RenGood08

TS Booster
Wow. That is...different. I certainly hope that it will be worth his time working with this company that is currently ONLY in China. I hope they intend to expand to become as big as what Google is. I had a bite on my resume from Google and it was exciting. (Though nothing else happened...it was still cool to be acknowledged!)

tipstir

TS Ambassador
Wow. That is...different. I certainly hope that it will be worth his time working with this company that is currently ONLY in China. I hope they intend to expand to become as big as what Google is. I had a bite on my resume from Google and it was exciting. (Though nothing else happened...it was still cool to be acknowledged!)

I wish you the best with Google with your resume. Good luck!

Reactions: RenGood08