Another error code problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4crr

about 2 weeks ago, I was having trouble with a stop error code (0x40000080). The problem was directed at a network driver. I installed new drivers at the same time that I installed new RAM. Now, I've stopped getting the old stop error code, and now I'm getting different ones. I'm not sure if it's because I've fixed the old problem or because my new problems aren't giving my old ones a chance to surface. I'm attaching a zip file with my last 4 minidumps. I'm hoping someone can help me find out if the new ram is shoddy.

Thanks in advance.

When you built your system did you install the Nvidia Firewall? Two drivers of note are the cause: Nvsnpu.sys and Nvnrm.sys and both belong to this firewall.

When I built my 939 systems with the NForce 4 + Ultra chipset drivers everyone said the same thing: Don't install the drivers for the Nvidia firewall. When I googled the drivers in question the same advice was given by others.

since removing the nvidia firewall, I've had no crashes. It's only been two days, but it seems promising. Thanks so much for the in formation. I'm absolutely elated at the moment. Things were getting frustrating.

since removing the nvidia firewall, I've had no crashes. It's only been two days, but it seems promising. Thanks so much for the in formation. I'm absolutely elated at the moment. Things were getting frustrating.

Great! Do us a favor and report back in a week and tell us how it is going. The updated information will be helpful for others in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back