Another Win32/heur problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have completed all 8 steps and I think everything is fixed, but I wanted to make sure by posting the logs. Just so you have some info, my hard drives are set up where the E: drive is the system drive, and C:, D:, and F: are just storage drives. I reformated the E: drive numerous times but the virus kept coming back, what finally seemed to work was running Avast and deleting all the infected .exe files to the point where my computer wouldn't start, then reformatting and reinstalling, then running through the 8 steps. Thanks for all your help.

After a while, Avast came up with a couple of warning messages regarding some Win32 viruses, but I seemed to be able to delete them with no problem. I ran HijackThis again, and it came up with one new thing that I found notable:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

It made me remember that I started having problems shortly after installing Daemon Tools on my computer, although I don't know if these are related. I'm attaching the 2nd run of HijackThis as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back