Antivirus 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

I have just followed the 8 steps due to my PC getting it's first virus, Anti Virus 2009. It is no longer popping up, HOWEVER i am getting loads of errors regarding images being bad on ever icon i select. example: If i click on firefox an error tells me the image is bad and to please check it against my installation diskette, and then I am able to sign on the internet. The error comes on when clciking any icon. (very annoying) This happened after I ran malwarebytes, which was not done in safe mode. Thanks so much for your time.

Beth

You might want to take a look at the posting still on this screen, "Completed 8 step virus/spyware/malware removal"
I would want to see you run MalWareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware once more, in SAFE MODE. The investations you have are such evils that you need to take every precaution.

Ran on Safe Mode

Thanks for your reply! :) 1 vundo was removed with Superspy ware, and none at all with Malwarebytes while in safe mode. Still telling me 'ERROR the DDL is not a valid windows image and to check against my diskette. This happens when i reboot about as many times as there are desktop icons, and also whenever i click on them.

I reran Malwarebytes, superspyware, and AVG again while in normal mode. Nothing but webtrend tracking cookies. all clean. Do i need to reformat? (please say no) :)

Beth

CCleaner

Thank you, completed the registry cleaner with Ccleaner and then rescanned with winaso. Winaso removed the last errors of importance (so it says) Still gives me about 20 DDL errors per every icon on my desktop when rebooting, and thereafter when i click on them. This seems to be the onlt issue with the PC, not liking my desktop icons. This is very strange.

rescanned with malwarebytes, superanti, and AVG. clean again.

Thanks again for everyone's patience and imput as I am obviously very green to all this.

Beth

Ok now you have done all of the scanning can you post a new hijackthis log just to make sure there is nothing left behind.

Winaso removed the last errors of importance
Im not farmiliar with WinAso but id say that maybe they are false positives in a sense that they want the program to be seen doing something so you will buy it but im not sure there.

Also can you copy the test in the message produced so i can look into that further for you eg when you click the desktop icon.

broken DLLs!

Hello Olie!
Thanks for your reply. Winaso will not give me a report that I am able to save and attach like Hijackthis. (very sneaky)

Right OK then,
Ive had a look through your log and there is nothing there to suggest any from of malware infection.

Can you post me what exactly the error messages say. This will help research the problem more thoroughly.

Thanks

error message

The application or DLL C:/windows/system32/nukndc.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back