Any help would be appreciated. Logs attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasewell

We have two problems that may or may not be related. The browsers re-direct to random websites. The other problem is repeated "AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe-Application Error"s that shut down the computer and require reboots.

We have completed the 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions and are attaching the logs.

Thank you for your help.

Wasewell

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
  • mbam-log-2010-01-25 (14-17-14).txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-25-2010 - 15-26-44.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 1
Remove/Fix these Hijackthis entries:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5555
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)

We will try the ESET On-Line Scanner next:
Scanner

1. You have to be logged in as Administrator
2. Click on start, then Run
3. type regedit and press Enter.
4. You can press Ctrl+F and type in the registry key you are looking for; then delete it by pressing Del or Right click on it and select delete.

once done exit regedit and you should be alright.

Goodluck

Thank you, Archean. It appears that I have removed the two entries that Tmagic650 listed. Now should I run the ESET on-line scanner?

Wasewell

Hello
We removed the Hijackthis enties that were listed by Tmagic650 and we ran the ESET on-line scanner with nothing found. We still have our problems.

Any more suggestions?

Wasewell

Is it better to run Combofix first or the other programs you've suggested? Svchost.com and RepairSvchost.org.

Thanks,
Wasewell

When I try to download Combofix, first McAfee jumps in, finds and deletes an "Artimis" trojan. Then I get an "Error copying file or folder" Cannot copy ComboFix[1]: Access is denied.

Wasewell

No. I want to deal with the redirect. The other can wait.

I tried to download Combofix with another computer and had the same results.

"Error copying file or folder" Cannot copy ComboFix[1]: Access is denied.

Any suggestions?

Wasewell

I had to disable McAfee to download and use ComboFix. I am attaching the ComboFix log.

Wasewell

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi

I just wanted to bump my thread hoping someone will see my ComboFix log from my previous message and comment.

Thank you,

Wasewell

How does my ComboFix log look?

The computer seems to be behaving presently but the ComboFix instructions said the log should be looked over for further problems.

Thank you,

Wasewell

Everything's cool. Practice safe computing by deleting cookies and temp files regularly... Use a good free antivirus program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back