Anyone else having issues with FF 14?

Route44

I find Fire Fox hangs while attempting to load sites. Regardless of the version this seems to be an ongoing issues. it doesn't help in that Comcast has dropped their ISP to the lower level tier channels but not telling anyone.

Chrome isn't any better. I can't tell you how many people have issues with it especially its eating of memory.

What has been your experience?

yes yes YES! Buy all means disable that %^&* Google Update! IMO, that never belongs in the browser anyway.
I also set the Google Update Service to disable. If I need/want an update, I'll do it myself (laptop battery time is precious).

I have Firefox v14.0.1. I'm still trying to get settings right, but otherwise it's okay. Still high memory user. You would think by now Mozilla would have that worked out! I only run 2 tabs now, but after 2 hours from a cold start, usage is 223,000k.

But I wonder if anyone has dealt with the Flash plugin-container.exe? It wants to run all the time and it up there in memory use> about 30 mb.

About the Google issue- no toolbar anymore, but when I had it, I had to continually keep disabling the 'notifier' and 'updater'. Come on now- how often does a toolbar have to update!?

I find that Flash will periodically stop working until Windows fixes Flash and then it will re-engage.

Back