Anyone got a XP Pro SP2 Disc?

treesmoker

Well title says it all, i'm getting sick of having to install firefox, tuneup utilies, nero, .NET framework ect on every machine I install XP onto, so I'm gunna intergrate all the apps into the setup, however my original untouched XP Pro disc has been so badly beaten up that now it cannot be used.

So I really need a UNTOUCHED XP Pro SP2 disc, which can be activated with a legit key during setup and activated NOT online afterwards. So can anybody help?

I tried downloading a copy from the MSFN website, however my key wouldn't work? I don't know what one I need for my key (VLK, Lisence) I just need one that you put the key in during setup and dont activate online after the setup has finished

So does anybody know what version I would need to download?

Options are: Retail CD - VL CD - VOL CD - VOLUME CD - VLK CD
..................................... ^^^ Are These ^^ The Same? ^^^

I had a HP xp SP2 Disc I got from a friend who works at a school, however it asks me to activate online afterwards and my Product key doesn't work during setup, only the key provided with the Disc.......**Confussed**

That is because its a manufacturer specific disk, and isn't going to work with non HP manufacturer specific supplied product keys.

I also ask you to be cautious with your approach to resolving your problem. Recommendations, and advice on how to find, download or use illegal online "copies" of Windows and other software are prohibited on this forum. If it is mentioned, it will end up in this thread being locked, or deleted.

Hi leeky, sorry I didn't mean to suggest that I wanted an illegal pirate copy of XP, I thought that as long as I had a valid product key that I paid for then it wasn't illegal? I "thought" (although maybe wrongly) that it was only illegal if the copy was preactivated or supplied with some form of crack that activates windows. is it illegal for somebody to backup there XP disc even if the recipient has a legit product key?

Thanks for warning me though, I don't wanna break any rules by saying the wrong thing.

I wasn't sure you were to be honest, hence the reason for not locking it. :haha:

However, whether its strictly legal or not, would you really want to use a copy of Wndows that has been messed possibly by millions of people, and could contain many unknown vunerabilities and infestations?

If you use a genuine disc you know its clean. Anything other than a genuine disc could possibly be bad in one form or another.

I've always made backups of my genuine discs, but only I have ever used them. This is because of the problem you are now facing. I would suggest a good clean and then trying in another drive. I've often found one drive may not read a worn disc, but another one will fine.

You could then use that to nLite a OS install disc for yourself.

Whereabouts in the world are you?

hmmmmmmmmmm that would have been a brilliant idea, however I tried it in my most realible drive 3 times, and each time nlite wouldn't copy over the files successfully, so I bined it (really stupid of me know I think about it) I still have the nLited Os i made from the original version a few years back, however I would have no idea what has been removed/added from my previous nLite session!

I'm in South East England Leeky

Can you get the computer and yourself to Peterborough?

If so, you can borrow one of my CDs, I have a few that should work if you like?

Well, seeing as I only have a motorbike, part of me thinks that it's not really possible to get me and my computer up to you.....I've spoke to a friend via msn and he said he'll rip his original XP Pro SP3 OEM Disc and upload it, will my legit SP2 key work with SP3 disc?

I don't think it will. You'd look rather comical carrying a PC ride a motorbike, that for sure! :haha:

I have another idea, I'll PM you now.

Back