Apple recruits Cookie Monster in latest iPhone 6s commercial

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Apple is no stranger when it comes to using celebrities to help sell its products. Selena Gomez, Bill Hader, Jamie Foxx and Stephen Curry are just a few of the faces you may have seen in recent ad spots. The company's latest commercial for the iPhone 6s features another "star" you're probably familiar with – the one and only Cookie Monster.

In the minute-long ad, Cookie Monster uses Siri to set a timer for what else, his cookies. As the time ticks down, we see the impatient blue monster try all sorts of things to keep busy as the delicious treats are being prepared in the oven.

The ad comes as Apple is squaring off against the federal government over a much serious matter. Perhaps a bit of light-hearted humor from a character that virtually everyone is familiar with is what the marketing folks believe is best for the company right now.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Never heard of any of them so the ads would be meaningless to me. Besides Apple doesn't advertise here anyway and if they did I'd just ignore them.

I don't like Apple products, but I thought this commercial was great. I laugh every time I see it on TV.

Back