Apple sends out media invitations for September 10 iPhone event

Shawn Knight

Staff member

apple sept iphone

Apple has sent out media invitations for an event scheduled for September 10, shoring up rumors that next Tuesday would be the day Apple unveils some new hardware. The event is scheduled to take place at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California, and begin at 9 a.m. pacific time.

Apple is no stranger to including subtle hints in their media invites as to what we might see and this year is no different. The tagline “This should brighten everyone’s day.” is no doubt a reference to the rainbow of colors that we can expect to see on the low-cost iPhone 5C – photos of which have already leaked online.

The budget iPhone 5C has in many ways overshadowed what will be Apple’s flagship device for the coming year, the iPhone 5S. The latter device is expected to ship with a better quality camera, improved internal hardware, more storage (up to 128GB) and a new gold color option yet all we’ve been hearing about lately is the 5C.

Photos of the cheaper smartphone adorned in plastic packaging surfaced over the weekend in a variety of colors including pink, white, blue and yellow. The iPhone 5C is expected to retail for less than $400 off contract.

It’s unclear at this hour if Apple will offer a live video stream of the event over the web. They didn’t do so at last year’s iPhone event but they did for the October iPad mini event as well as WWDC back in June.

Permalink to story.

The [5S] is expected to ship with a better quality camera, improved internal hardware, more storage (up to 128GB) and a new gold color option yet all we?ve been hearing about lately is the 5C.

That would probably be because the 5C will be new, whereas the 5S will be an incremental 'improvement' on things that work perfectly well with no new exciting features and a giant price tag.

EDIT: Although to be fair, I should probably wait for their presentation before passing judgement.

Cant wait. The C in 5C probably stands for Customizable after looking at the leaked footage.

The 5S will bring a fingerprint sensor supposedly. I wonder if iOS 7 will be available then.

Cant wait. The C in 5C probably stands for Customizable after looking at the leaked footage.

The 5S will bring a fingerprint sensor supposedly. I wonder if iOS 7 will be available then.

The colorblind 5 year old has put the finishing touches to the UI of IOS7 and its ready for release

Fanboiism has officially become one of the stupidest things of modern culture.

I don't see it being any different from 30,000 people crumbling in a stadium and getting ecstatic about a ball hitting something, just like Romans did it to see your man dying in agony. Things that move the crowd today aren't any more stupid than they used to be, just like life itself - same $hit, different day.

You would be fooling yourself to think people mentally are any better than they were 4,000 years ago. We do not evolve that quick ;) Me, on another hand, have grown another tentacle whilst typing dis... :)

I don't see it being any different from 30,000 people crumbling in a stadium and getting ecstatic about a ball hitting something, just like Romans did it to see your man dying in agony. Things that move the crowd today aren't any more stupid than they used to be, just like life itself - same $hit, different day.

You would be fooling yourself to think people mentally are any better than they were 4,000 years ago. We do not evolve that quick ;) Me, on another hand, have grown another tentacle whilst typing dis... :)
Fair enough. Its just it seems even stupider when it comes to consumerism of actual products.

C is for China. wish it will have a descent specs that it could atleast play angry birds or PVZ2

Apparently the 'C' stands for colour but your guess is as good as mine. Only Apple knows for sure.

Fanboiism has officially become one of the stupidest things of modern culture.

Hail Julius Caesar. Long live the emperor.
P.S. I would give the thumbs down sign but I lost them both in a battle in the Coliseum recently. :)

I'm looking forward to having a gander at the new 5C, especially it's price. Apple has never been shy to overcharge but if I like what I see, I may have to change my avatar.

I'm looking forward to having a gander at the new 5C, especially it's price. Apple has never been shy to overcharge but if I like what I see, I may have to change my avatar.
You're going to jump the Android ship if Apple releases a phone you like? Well, I hope you enjoyed the 4, 4s, and the 5 because I bet it's going to be the same trend of an incremental speed boost with not much else. I am interested in seeing the design layout of iOS7 because iOS hasn't changed the theme in...well...ever.
"The iPhone 5C is expected to retail for less than $400 off contract."
So...$399.99 off contract :p

You're going to jump the Android ship if Apple releases a phone you like? Well, I hope you enjoyed the 4, 4s, and the 5 because I bet it's going to be the same trend of an incremental speed boost with not much else. I am interested in seeing the design layout of iOS7 because iOS hasn't changed the theme in...well...ever.
"The iPhone 5C is expected to retail for less than $400 off contract."
So...$399.99 off contract :p

Now hold on my friend, don't jump to conclusions. It'll be a while yet before I even contemplate moving from Android especially since Kit Kat is within reach now. I merely stated that the 5C piqued my interest but I'm still more than happy with my 'old' Sammy S3 Mini.

Back