Apple to host iPhone 12 event on October 13

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Apple's new iPhones are about a month behind schedule, a delay no doubt resulting from the continued impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. Still, it appears as though they are on track to launch later this month. Apple was expected to unveil its new iPhone 12 at its mid-September event, just as it has done for the past several years. Ultimately, the company decided to hold off. Instead, the Time Flies event focused on new Apple Watch models and refreshed iPads with upgraded internals.

Apple on Tuesday said it will host an event on October 13. Like last month’s Time Flies event, the upcoming presentation will be streamed online without a live audience. The tag line accompanying Apple’s announcement, “Hi, Speed,” is likely a reference to rumors that the iPhone 12 family will be the first in the series to support 5G wireless networks.

Analysts expect Apple to unveil as many as four new iPhones next week, including a 5.4-inch iPhone “mini,” two models with screens measuring 6.1 inches and a flagship device called the iPhone 12 Pro Max with a 6.7-inch display.

The latter, should it materialize, would be the biggest phone in terms of screen size that Apple has ever introduced.

It is a common belief that all of the new iPhones will feature 5G connectivity and utilize OLED displays that support Face ID authentication.

Apple may also unveil its long-rumored AirTags tracking device and a smaller HomePod smart speaker.

Image credit: Daria Photostock

Permalink to story.

I don't really care about 5G or 120Hz displays.

I just want more storage than 512GB.

Applewatch 6's price was reduced to $399 ($30 off at Microcenter) and I'm going to get that as well as soon as they restock.

Back