Apple TV update includes iTunes Radio, AirPlay from iCloud, more

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Apple has released a software update for their Apple TV set-top box that delivers a number of new features and services. Chief among them is iTunes Radio, the streaming music service that debuted alongside iOS 7 a couple of days ago.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/54082-apple-tv-update-includes-itunes-radio-airplay-from-icloud-more.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

spydercanopus

I have a sneaking suspicion that IP radio will become another bubble. Every car manufacturer will create or partner with one powered by ATT or Verizon. It could be a reason to exclude AM and FM from base models. It would get rid of an antenna.

gobbybobby

At least apple put in the ability to restore it, sometimes you hear of these devices/ games consoles ETC being bricked and having to be sent off for a repair, which can take months.

Darth Shiv

At least apple put in the ability to restore it, sometimes you hear of these devices/ games consoles ETC being bricked and having to be sent off for a repair, which can take months.
Yes it is good there is a backup plan. Takes the edge off a bricking. Always worry about the "what ifs" for any firmware update.

mojorisin23

I wonder if the Apple TV will get a hardware refresh anytime soon.

The article did say a hardware update was expected in the coming weeks... I was planning on buying Apple TV, but I think now I'll wait until it is confirmed.

Jad Chaar

The article did say a hardware update was expected in the coming weeks... I was planning on buying Apple TV, but I think now I'll wait until it is confirmed.

Yeah same. I think the upgrade will mainly be an A6 CPU and maybe a smaller design.