Apple Watch details to be revealed at March 9 'spring forward' media event

Shawn Knight

Staff member

apple watch apple ipad tablet watch fanless smartwatch wearable ipad plus usb type-c retina macbook air 12-inch retina macbook air spring forward

Update: The event will be livestreamed over the web.

Apple has issued media invitations for an event scheduled to take place March 9. The tagline simply reads “spring forward,” an obvious reference to Daylight Savings Time which can only mean one thing – more news regarding Apple Watch.

The timing of the event (no pun intended) lines up perfectly with the company’s plans to ship its first wearable in April. As is often the case, however, Apple will likely have a few other announcements to share during the event.

Rumored possibilities include the announcement of a 12-inch Retina MacBook Air, details of which first leaked last month. According to scuttlebutt, the revised Air will be a fanless model with a thinner profile, edge-to-edge keyboard and a USB Type-C connector to replace the full-size version on current iterations.

apple watch apple ipad tablet watch fanless smartwatch wearable ipad plus usb type-c retina macbook air 12-inch retina macbook air spring forward

It’s also possible that Apple could finally show off its rumored large-screen iPad Plus. This scenario, however, seems rather improbable due to the lack of leaks on the matter thus far. What’s more, such a large product (again, no pun intended) would likely warrant its own media event for maximum exposure (or at the very least, be worked into Apple’s regular iPad event later in the year).

The March 9 briefing will begin at 10 a.m. PDT at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco. No word yet on whether or not the presentation will be livestreamed over the Internet.

Permalink to story.

An ipad plus would only make sense with OSX. then again I said that about the original ipad so who knows.

I think it is essential for EVERYONE to run out and buy one ... no, make that one for every member of the family! Seriously ... my stock needs another kick in the pants and I'm depending on all of your to make my retirement a LOT more comfortable!!!!! :)

(no pun intended)

This phrase needs to be banned from all techspot articles. If you say no pun intended, then you completely intended it and should either be proud of yourself or edit it if you're embarrassed by it.

Apple users, get ready for another connector, and do away with that investment you've made with the lightning cables.

Back