Apple's OS X Mavericks goes live today as a free download, even for holdouts still on Snow Leopard

Jos

Apple kicked off today’s media event going over the tenth release in the history of OSX. Dubbed Mavericks, the newest version of Apple’s operating system focuses on three core areas: technologies, features and apps. The company already walked us through...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/54422-apples-os-x-mavericks-goes-live-today-as-a-free-download-even-for-holdouts-still-on-snow-leopard.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Jad Chaar

Wow my 2010 iMac is very laggy after updating to Mavericks. The memory usage is 3.99GB/4GB 90% of the time.

Turns out it was installing an update in the background. The issue is gone. I am really liking the better performance I am getting. I also feel like the colors are much more accurate.

yukka

Free update. That's pretty cool. I was wondering what the licenses would cost for upgrading all our labs. Nothing. Awesome.

Reactions: Jad Chaar

howzz1854

AWESOME!!!.. I almost bought the ML through app store last month. good thing I didn't. now I just have to wait until all my enterprise software to be caught up on patches to work with 10.9 Maverick before I can install it.