Apple's 'Spaceship' campus detailed in leaked video

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It’s been a while since we’ve heard any updates about the progress of Apple’s "Spaceship" campus in Cupertino. That of course doesn’t mean the team isn’t moving forward – quite the contrary actually, according to a new video published by Unofficially Apple.

The official-looking clip gives us an in-depth look at the work that’s going into the structure and surrounding environment as well as Apple’s plan to create a green space. Key building materials like the curved glass around the perimeter and the concrete used are all hand crafted. We also get a glimpse at how Apple aims to optimize employee work areas for maximum efficiency.

It’s all pretty fascinating stuff on a topic that we’ll no doubt be hearing more about over the coming years.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I am by no means a lover nor hater of apple, altho the patent wars do grate me at times.
But to see a company build something like this 80% green space, and an aim to have 0% adding to greenhouse gases. Even if it fails to attempt is a step in the right direction.

Maybe its simply the signs of age that show in the old structures, that have me thinking, we have never been on the right path. Or maybe its the constant drive to turn a green world into a grey cement covered piece of asphalt. It just does not look, like people tried. Trial and error I guess, and advancements in technology.

I hope they don't patent ideas which other companies need to start following to make a better planet. If this truly is a step forward.

Meanwhile in china Foxconn employee who builds iphones jumps off the roof.
And they scream at their business partners. I know I work with them every day. Awful company. I have begged my boss to tell them to get lost.

"Meanwhile in china Foxconn employee who builds iphones jumps off the roof."

..but..but.. Foxconn is an ODM (Original Design Manufacturer), so apple has nothing to do with this, right? And, Foxconn isn't just responsible makes iPhones only, they also manufactured other products such blackberry, HP, Dell, Acer, xbox one, kindle, PS4, Wii U etc etc

"Meanwhile in china Foxconn employee who builds iphones jumps off the roof."

..but..but.. Foxconn is an ODM (Original Design Manufacturer), so apple has nothing to do with this, right? And, Foxconn isn't just responsible makes iPhones only, they also manufactured other products such blackberry, HP, Dell, Acer, xbox one, kindle, PS4, Wii U etc etc
Just wait until they hear about Samsung.

Back