Array detecting... problem

I just recently installed windows xp on my cpu (again)...i'm using 2 hard drives
one is SATA (here i installed windows) and secondary which is IDE (im using it for my personal stuff,important files)
I installed windows on my SATA without the secondary IDE being plugged, i was just pre cautious..
and when windows were done with installing....i turn off the computer plug the IDE one back..
it wont boot to windows...just stuck at the screen ''array detecting''
but when i unplug the IDE ..it will go normally to windows with this SATA...its just happening when my other IDE is plugged...why?....is the drive dead? i really hope not i got very important data here.
i checked the power cables...i got 5 of em...plugged every one in the drive...nothing changed.im really scared about the drive.
if anybody can help me with this problem.
it'll be very appreciated..

With both hard drives installed go into the BIOS and select the SATA drive as the first boot hard drive.

Is the IDE hard drive the only drive on the cable or does it share it with an optical drive? If shared, are the jumpers on both IDE devices correctly configured?

Also, some older motherboards that came out when SATA was still pretty new would not boot from SATA if anything is plugged into the first PATA channel. Try moving your PATA devices to the second channel.

Back