Ascentive Performance Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkenny

This annoying software is not coming off of a customers machine. As many already know, ascentive is associated with that annoying tv commercial for finallyfast.com. For any who are reading and dont know, do NOT download anything from ascentive, as it turns out to be close to impossible to remove the crap programs that get installed. Not to mention saving your money. So onto my issue. I have removed all the programs Active Speed, PC SpeedScan Pro, Spyware Striker Pro, and PC ScanAndSweep Pro. As far as I can tell they are all off, but I am still unable to find how to remove the performance center as it pops up with a status alert stating I need to download the forementioned programs. I also believe this is the reasong my customers machine is slow to boot up, and just plain slow overall. OS is Vista Home, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-57 1.90 GHz. 3 GB Ram. Toshiba Satellite L305D Laptop.

I have run scans with avast antivirus, Malwarebytes, and spyware doctor pro which have removed all the programs it appears except the Performance center. Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated, and I can post a hijackthis log if I can get instructions on how to do so. Forgive me, but I've never posted a log before.

I have to say, I'm surprised nobody has any input on ascentive at all. Especially any professional techs for that matter. These programs have been downloaded by hundreds if not thousands I'm sure, and somebody has to have run into this similar issue with removing those programs. You can find plenty of info on the internet, but unfortunately no fixes for my current problem :-(

Any luck removing it manually?

Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and delete anything related to ascentive. After that, use Task Manager or Process Explorer and end all processes related to ascentive (probably the ones you deleted from the registry). Then search for its folder (include hidden/system files) and just delete it. If anything is still running try using Unlocker or some program like that on that files. Then completely shred the folder and see if it starts up again.

Hope I helped. :)

Removing Ascentive Performance Center

Hi All,

I just removed the Ascentive program from my computer. What I noticed was during the removal from the control panel there is also a small box that ask about the removal of the Performance Center as well. Also, there is a separate program for the center too within the control panel. If you missed the box then go back to the control panel and find the performance center program and try to remove it separately. This should work. I restarted my computer and it does not pop up for me.

The program within the control panel does not specifically identify itself as an Ascentive one. Therefore, I can not tell you what to look for. To the best of my memory, it appears as a hard drive symbol??? Just open up all programs and look at the description for CLICK HERE FOR SUPPORT INFORMATION. There it should mention Ascentive.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back