BSOD: Page Fault in Non Paged Area/IRQL Not Less Or Equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have major problems with my computer and in desperate need of help. This community looked great on a similar issue and thought I'd share my problem in hopes that someone can help me fix it all up!

I run into two BSOD's (sometimes 3, forget what the third one says).

• Page Fault in Non Paged Area
  • IRQL Not Less Or Equal
Please note, I have tried installing Vista many times over and I get the same results each time...

This is with a new install of Vista SP2 on my computer. So I have installed Vista 32bit Ultimate onto my desktop, installed ALL updates onto my computer including driver updates which Windows automatically installs. Then at completely random times I get BSOD- "Page Fault in Non Pages Area" and sometimes, IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD- however mostly the former. The Page Fault error usually happens more often than not when copying large amount of data onto my hard drive from an external that works perfectly fine with my laptop running vista (however I know it not my hard drive, see explanation in next paragraph).

I have run memtest on my RAM- all good. Tried removing separate sticks of RAM and I get the same result with BSOD. I have checked my hard disk for errors and everything is fine there. Even tried using a different hard drive to install vista on- same errors.

I am completely stumped! :confused: Not to mention extremely frustrated!

I know I have minidumps but can not work out an easy way to read them. So I have attached two dumps of 152KB- zipped to attach.

It must be an issue with my hardware, but I can't figure out what part... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

David

Edit: Extra Detail- this BSOD happens at any time. My desktop is currently running fine for 20min and no BSOD, its just sitting here doing nothing- will no doubt BSOD soon without me touching it.

EDIT: It just BSOD and I didn't touch a thing- ntfs.sys was mentioned.

So its a clean install of Vista, and you have no other programs installed, not even Antivirus software?
Or are you using a specific Antivirus software? Or did the crashes happen even before that was installed?

Also you ran Memtest, but did you run it for approx ~ 4 hours? Here's a Guide on that: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post653029-21.html

Have you got any extra hardwares installed? Including internal cards? (on your "computer")

So its a clean install of Vista, and you have no other programs installed, not even Antivirus software?
Or are you using a specific Antivirus software? Or did the crashes happen even before that was installed?

Also you ran Memtest, but did you run it for approx ~ 4 hours? Here's a Guide on that: _dont have_enough_posts_to_submit_url

Have you got any extra hardwares installed? Including internal cards? (on your "computer")

No other software on my computer- including no anti-virus or firewall. It's a brand spanking new install.

From memory memtest ran for a few hours- it did 7 passes and passed all of them.

I do have extra hardware installed, a TV Tuner Card, which I pulled out and the BSOD still occurs.

ps. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Please note: I have 2 video cards: 2x GeForce 880GTs. I have tried pulling one out and using the other (and vica-versa)...still same issue with BSOD.

I suppose it goes without saying that if you done all this diagnostics then you have surely updated:
1. All your computer or Motherboard drivers (HERE is a good place to go for that)
2. Update all Windows Security Updates and Service Packs

?

Yes I have the latest drivers installed and installed all windows updates.

Do my dump files mention anything of importance as the source to this issue?

Not specifically
Just bugcheck 50, which can mean Hardware or plugged in PCI cards too

Not sure just yet, but must go this moment - sorry I couldn't help further for the moment

I have major problems with my computer and in desperate need of help. This community looked great on a similar issue and thought I'd share my problem in hopes that someone can help me fix it all up!

I run into two BSOD's (sometimes 3, forget what the third one says).

• Page Fault in Non Paged Area
  • IRQL Not Less Or Equal
Please note, I have tried installing Vista many times over and I get the same results each time...

This is with a new install of Vista SP2 on my computer. So I have installed Vista 32bit Ultimate onto my desktop, installed ALL updates onto my computer including driver updates which Windows automatically installs. Then at completely random times I get BSOD- "Page Fault in Non Pages Area" and sometimes, IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD- however mostly the former. The Page Fault error usually happens more often than not when copying large amount of data onto my hard drive from an external that works perfectly fine with my laptop running vista (however I know it not my hard drive, see explanation in next paragraph).

I have run memtest on my RAM- all good. Tried removing separate sticks of RAM and I get the same result with BSOD. I have checked my hard disk for errors and everything is fine there. Even tried using a different hard drive to install vista on- same errors.

I am completely stumped! :confused: Not to mention extremely frustrated!

I know I have minidumps but can not work out an easy way to read them. So I have attached two dumps of 152KB- zipped to attach.

It must be an issue with my hardware, but I can't figure out what part... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

David

Edit: Extra Detail- this BSOD happens at any time. My desktop is currently running fine for 20min and no BSOD, its just sitting here doing nothing- will no doubt BSOD soon without me touching it.

EDIT: It just BSOD and I didn't touch a thing- ntfs.sys was mentioned.

Sorry to come in and hijack your thread as such but my PC has started doing this recently as well.

Whenever i start do do something vaguely resource intensive i get a BSOD with one of the following.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Mine also has a tendency to mention ntfs.sys

I'm running a fairly recent install of Windows 7 Release Candidate 64 bit with 8gb RAM and with all drivers up to date. Like ldavid i have run memtest with no errors as well as taking out sticks all to no avail. I have also have tested the HDD with no problems

Are you saying that you are still getting Minidumps?
If so please attach
attach.gif
some of todays or yesterdays, to a new reply

@SMOM, you are best creating your own New Topic, especially since we are talking different Windows versions here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back