Asrock 4CoreDX90-VSTA not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need help,
my asrock 4core dx90-VSTA is not booting up.

i recently installed a intel pentium dual core e2200 on the board plus 1 gig of memory.
could this be a power supply failure cuz when the board boots (once in a while) and i go into bios it sometimes freezes there.

if bios works, it moves slow, i am wondering if this is because i updated my bios cuz i noticed this after i updated it. i wonder if i downgrade it to 1.30 if it would work better cuz that is the lowest version that supports the processor.

i am confident that my processor and memory is working fine cuz when the board decides to boot i can use vista efficiently and play unreal tournament 3 on high settings. i had a celeron d 3.06 before i upgraded to the dual core cpu.

i also notice when i reset the bios jumper, it overclocked my cpu to 2.93 ghz and the system would keep on restarting so i manually set the clock back to the stock 2.2 ghz, i found this wierd because it overclocked by it self.

the stuff in my rig now are: pentium dual core e2200, 1.5 gig ddr 333 mem, 1X 160 gig Sata, 2x 40 gig eide, samsung dvd burner dl, 512mb xfx geforce 8500 gt @ 500mhz/400mhz, 500 watt psu

what brand of PSU how many wat has very little to do with what a PSU is actually putting out, and if u could look at the sticker on the PSU and tell us what it says on the 12v rails it would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back