Asus all-in-one internal webcam

I installed an external webcam to watch the deer in my back yard. My interal cam is now picking up the feed from the external one. So far, the only way I have found to fix that problem is yo unplug the external cam. Is there a way around this?

I'm not really sure what you mean by the internal camera picking up the feed from the external one, but you can probably disable your internal camera in the Windows Device Manager.

The internal camera is showing me what the external one is seeing. I want to keep both cams and use which ever one I want, depending on the situation.

I will try and explain it better. My external cam is looking at my back yard. My internal cam, the one built into the pc, is looking at me. I should see my back yard when I activate the exteral cam, and I should see me when I activate the interal cam. What I am getting when I activate the internal cam, is my back yard. The internal is instead, picking up what the external cam is seeing, which is my back yard.

Your camera software should have the option to switch active camera, or display both at the same time.

Sorry, no options to switch active camera. HOWEVER, I found the problem. I just don't know if there is a fix.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT BOTH CAMERAS ARE USING THE SAME DRIVER. and I'm surprized that not one of your expects thought about that being the problem.

I always use multiple webcams without any problems. perhaps both your camera is made by same manufacturer? if it is, then I don't think there is a solution to that yet. but that is given if you're trying to access them simultaneously, not individually.

if you are open to alternative, I'll strongly recommend you to try iSpy. it is free. you can add multiple camera and see if it works. if both of them cannot be used simultaneously, at least you can stop the external camera and switch to internal camera.

there are many other free webcam software out there. I used amcap which came with one of my webcams without problems. it allows me to select which webcam I want to use.

Back