Asus Bios Menu Corrupt

Hey,

So decided to format my machine as it was full of all sorts and needed a spring clean, was over 2 years since done last.

Had a few issues like BSOD since trying Bitdefender (coincidence ?) and windows wouldn't update so format was a start to get back to basics.

Got everything redone minus Bitdefender but as I went to F2 / Del the Asus Rampage Extreme IV bios to check

if my SSD was still set right I discovered that the whole menu system is corrupt....cant read or make
options as it just throws random pixel shaped blocks over any movement I make.

The mouse disappears as soon as I move it and any mouse movement or keyboard pressing just adds more random shapes covering any text so I cant actually see anything !!! if I esc and exit, windows hangs for 30sec or so then loads and then all is fine but I fear my bios is somehow damaged or the menu part anyhow....

How can I sort this please :(

If your bios menu is showing you any garbage like that, I suggest first you get a new bios chip.
Let me give you one clear warning, do not buy 3rd party bios chips for mobos as shown here.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ASUS-RAMPAGE-IV-EXTREME-/381116764443
Call Asus Tecnical support today ask them if you can buy a bios chip from them.
Your warrenty maybe gone however they should be decent enough to send one.
Heck you might even get it for free if their in a good mood 15.00 with s/h.

Now the kicker if you get the chip, install it properly and it still shows garbage like graphics.

The mobo is shot aka dead it won't work the same without major problems.
Buy a different manufacturer mobo preferably Gigabyte, Asrock, or MSI.

Component Product Support:
1-812-282-2787
Available
Monday – Friday, 24 Hours

Saturday – Sunday, 6:00AM – 5:00PM PST

Display, Projector, Graphics Card, Motherboard, Multimedia, Networking, Optical Storage,or Server.

* Contact availability subject to change at any time without prior notification. Closed in observance of major national holidays.

Last edited:
Back