Asus' latest 4K monitor includes an IPS panel and 100 percent sRGB coverage for under $800

Shawn Knight

Staff member
4K monitors with TN panels can be found for as little as $300 but if it's an IPS panel you're after, you'll need to spend a bit more money. Asus' latest 4K display boasts an impressive set of features like...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/59059-asus-latest-4k-monitor-includes-ips-panel-100.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Experimentongod

These are starting to look really interesting, but gaming at this resolution is not very economically viable for a lot of people. And, like I always say, multimedia content is still like 99% at 1080p (movies, tv shows, Youtube, etc.). The good thing is that with 4K moniutors pixels are so small that it should look amazing.

D

davislane1

These are starting to look really interesting, but gaming at this resolution is not very economically viable for a lot of people. And, like I always say, multimedia content is still like 99% at 1080p (movies, tv shows, Youtube, etc.). The good thing is that with 4K moniutors pixels are so small that it should look amazing.
Forget gaming. 4k resolutions are a boon for working with spreadsheets, charting software, writing projects, research and the like. I'd drop a few hundred on one right now if I could justify it.

Reactions: noel24 and Jim$ter

yRaz

I think 4k will just make it easier to see the limitations in modern graphics. View distance and seeing edges is still a huge one. There really isn't any benefit to 4k gaming because there isn't anything to see. Hell view distance is still a problem at 1080p. Move through an area and you will notice that items and foliage will come in to view as you move closer.

Darth Shiv

I think 4k will just make it easier to see the limitations in modern graphics. View distance and seeing edges is still a huge one. There really isn't any benefit to 4k gaming because there isn't anything to see. Hell view distance is still a problem at 1080p. Move through an area and you will notice that items and foliage will come in to view as you move closer.
They wouldn't bother changing/fixing it if no-one could see it. This is helping the transition to better graphics.