Asus launches Zenbook S 13 OLED, the world's slimmest 13.3-inch OLED laptop

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Asus has announced what it claims is the world's slimmest 13.3-inch OLED-equipped laptop. The new Zenbook S 13 OLED (UX5304) features a 13.3-inch 2.8K (2,880 x 1,880) Lumina OLED display that is both Dolby Vision and VESA DisplayHDR True Black 500 certified. It boasts 550 nits of peak brightness and covers 100 percent of the DCI-P3 color space with an 85 percent screen-to-body ratio.

Asus' latest can be configured with up to an Intel Core i7-1355U processor alongside 32GB of onboard LPDD5 memory and up to a 1TB PCIe Gen4 solid-state drive. Other amenities include Intel Iris Xe graphics, Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity, and a 63 Wh battery. According to Asus, a 49-minute fast-charge session can top the battery up to 70 percent.

Port-wise, you get two Thunderbolt 4 Type C ports, a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type A port, an HDMI 2.1 (TMDS), and a single 3.5mm combo audio jack. The dual integrated speakers are Harman Kardon certified and support Dolby Atmos spatial audio tech. With its smart amplifier and audio boot technology, volume can be boosted by up to 5.25x.

A FHD IR camera comes baked into the CNC machined lid that can be used for Windows Hello logins. The oversized ErgoSense touchpad measures 129 mm x 81 mm (5.08 inches x 3.19 inches).

The portable measures 296.2 mm x 216.3 mm x 10.9 mm (11.66 inches x 8.52 inches x 0.43 inches) and weighs just 1 kg (2.2 pounds). That makes it both slimmer and lighter than Apple's MacBook Air. It ships with Windows 11 pre-installed.

The Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED (UX5304) is available to order now on Asus' online store priced at $1,399.99. It comes backed by a one year warranty and is offered in your choice of gray or blue. Asus will replace the OLED screen should burn-in issues crop up during the warranty period, we're told. It is also available from Newegg and Amazon should you prefer either of those retailers.

Permalink to story.

Pretty impressive laptop, but the guy and the camera angle where he is looking at my wall were both so annoying, I am not convinced yet to buy one.

Pretty impressive laptop, but the guy and the camera angle where he is looking at my wall were both so annoying, I am not convinced yet to buy one.
Can also check out the Short Circuit vid:

That lid looks pretty darn sleek.

Something THAT thin must be running hot, no? Where is the space to release the heat? More like a hot wafer.

Anyway, I'm not a fan laptops getting thinner and thinner. I feel they are more fragile. Plus the keyboard will have less travel space for typing. Maybe they will move to touchscreen keybaord one day too.

Hot and Crispy?

But I may be a minority here. The gen nowadays... their behaviour and preference are stranger to me.

Just keep it to yourself. Hopefully no one at Apple takes notice thinking they have to go back to designing as thin as possible like l it was during the reign of this ***** before he gracefully quit, what was his name, I eradicated his name from memory. I don’t need a laptop that can serve as a bookmark! I need a powerful laptop with 12hrs battery life and a proper keyboard ! Stick to it amd you will always get my money Apple!

I'm Sorry... I don't see the point in ultralight notebooks with no space to dissipate heat. They just heat up like hell, you lose potential performance from thermal throttling.

I Mean... Any healthy human can easily carry an average laptop weighing 2-2.5kg, imagine being a 70-100kg man and not being able to carry the equivalent of 5% of your weight.

Just keep it to yourself. Hopefully no one at Apple takes notice thinking they have to go back to designing as thin as possible like l it was during the reign of this ***** before he gracefully quit, what was his name, I eradicated his name from memory. I don’t need a laptop that can serve as a bookmark! I need a powerful laptop with 12hrs battery life and a proper keyboard ! Stick to it amd you will always get my money Apple!
I am genuinely curious, when do you run on battery for 12 hours? I have multiple laptops, including a MacBook Air. It gets really good battery life and is lightweight so carrying it around on trips is far easier than carrying my gaming Windows laptop. Keyboard, I understand, though I haven't had a laptop that has, what I consider, a great keyboard. I guess I don't like all the wasted real estate for the trackpad (which I never use). For that I have a decent wireless keyboard that I can carry with me, if I need to.

My biggest concern is the thin screen. I cracked an HP laptop screen once, just by opening from the corner.

Back