Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ Review: 4K 144Hz HDR Is Finally Here

$2000 for a monitor that's only 27", and with such thick bezels. Thank you, but No.

For this kind of money you would expect a monitor without compromises. For me, 27" is too small for a proper 4K monitor. And it has somewhat an obsolete, bulky design, with such thick borders.

I would consider paying this much for a monitor, if it were 32", and with thin bezels, in addition to the similar spec of HDR + 144Hz. But definitely not for this one.

So question, what features are usable for non-Nvidia graphics cards? Are you still able to use the HDR features with an AMD (or potentially future Intel) card or is that locked like G-Sync is?

Definitely a joke of a product, I actually feel sorry for those who do buy this kind of products, and that size.......

"It’s not curved, which personally I prefer for 16:9 monitors and particularly those of this size. I don’t think having a curved panel adds anything to the experience at 27-inches so that’s a positive."

I think there's some confusion here.

There is ZERO point to a 27" monitor....
I sit at a desk when playing games on my PC, 39 inchs is basically a TV and way to big to have straight in your face. You'd never see anything coming at you until it was basically dead center in front of you. 27 inch I find is basically perfect, 32 inch if you have a big desk, anything bigger becomes a TV and annoying to play games with when at a desk.

That is for little kids and college dorm rooms and for people who are new to gaming.
No you're right, little kids will shell out $2,000 for a screen and I'm sure all college students are happy to shell out that sort of money on their entry into PC gaming.
32" or a 39" is a more appropriate size for 4k.
What? It's a monitor, it's right in front of you, the higher pixel density is very much welcomed...

There is ZERO point to a 27" monitor....

That is for little kids and college dorm rooms and for people who are new to gaming. 32" or a 39" is a more appropriate size for 4k.

1440p is the perfect resolution for a 27 inch monitor. Above that at 30 inches or more 4K is worth it and I would expect that.

The cost of this is the usual early adoption tax. I think that it'll be at least another couple of years before this kind of monitor is below $1000. Not to mention the graphics and connection hardware existing to exploit that refresh rate. Which is a $700 GTX1080ti realistically and even that isn't exactly blowing away modern games in 4K. Nvidia might improve that soon but probably not dramatically and not for less money.

2 more years before it starts serious market penetration.

- It is not 0 dead/stuck pixel guarantee !
- 384 Dimming zone is completely not enough, cause horrible blooming/halo effect that is worse that backlight bleeding and IPS glow
- This monitor IS NOT future proof, it will support only DP 1.4, when DP1.5 will be release in 2 years, it will be obsolete.
- Only 98Hz for full image quality, any higher refresh rate than 98hz, you need to deal with image compression and quality degradation. what a disaster compromises for 2500$ monitor
- It is not true 10 bit color depth, it is 8 bit + FRC
- Still has bad backlight bleeding and IPS glow, and worse caused by halo effect.
you can refer to LIM'S CAVE review for the Predator X27, same panel as PG27UQ but different cover

This is the Halo/blooming effect in PG27UQ caused by FALD and HDR, a disaster:

https://ibb.co/mOYrO9

Anyone accept this for 2500$ monitor?
True hdr will be with DP 1.5 and miniLED backlight.

Bunch of compromises with limited input (not DP1.5 ready) is a bullshit

Not worth it skip

I'll be happy when I can get a 40' monitor that supports 4k + 60hz + HDR + 4:4:4 + Gsync. 27 is too small for me. I'd pay the price of that 27 for the 40 with the specs I mentioned though, that to me would be worth it.

Good review, was thinking of getting one but I'll wait for the next gen models happily after reading this. Keep up the good work.

Yeah I wanted something which will be great for gaming but also for graphic work (Clip Studio/Painter). I was ready to shell out for a LCD-4-life basically.

...and its 27" (whaaat!), and it has a fan inside! (whaaat, whaaat!)

Asus WTH!? 32" would be perfect and drop that retarded fan. (Couldn't care less about HDR, not exceeding 300cd anyway, with BLF always active.) I would pick that ProArt PA32UC-K, but without G-Sync function for that price, no way.

Back