Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 Review: RTX 4090-Powered Slim Laptop

Those prices for a 4090 laptop are outrageous. The worst, is those laptop are on par with a desktop 3090.

One of the main reason that gaming Laptop has short life is the "thermal" problem. Now that we are heading into semi desktop CPU/GPU available for Laptop's too, then it is essential to have nice analyze for different thermal solution that laptop's brand implements

Wow, Nvidia has found a way to make the 4080 ("4090 Mobile") even less reasonably priced.

There actually is an ASUS Strix (non-SCAR) 18", Intel 13980HX, Nvidia 4080 Mobile, for a more reasonable $2,499 if you want something that large. Not sure if there's a smaller Strix at similarly reasonable pricing.

I would never waste my time with any of these mentioned.
Because I'm getting a Razer Blade 18! :D

EDIT - To anyone on the lookout for a new performance laptop, here is a tip.
For 20 years now, I stick with Razer, Asus, MSI and Lenovo for one big reason.

When a model of those companies laptops is superseded by a new one,
they eventually release new GPU Bios files to boost performance a bit.

My last 3 laptops were Asus Rog Strix. Bios file came out that boosted the 1070 from 115 watts to 130 watts.
MSI GT76 Titan boosted the RTX 2080 10 watts to 210. (Just 5 watts less than a desktop 2080)
My current laptop, a Lenovo Legion 7 boosted the 3080 from 115-150-160 to adding another 15 watts to the top settings for 115-165-175.

Remember to check their websites. The updates DON'T happen automatically and for some reason they don't keep them up forever. (If anyone has a theory why, please share).

Last edited:
I will never make the mistake of buying an Asus laptop again. Terrible quality control and the worst customer service since ibuypower.

Gaming and laptop on the same sentence are meaningless. For thermal and ergonomics reasons, a laptop isn’t ideal for gaming. It is a device for “casual gamers on the go”, and you don’t need a 4090 for that. So a 3060 on a sub $1500 laptop is more than enough

Gaming and laptop on the same sentence are meaningless. For thermal and ergonomics reasons, a laptop isn’t ideal for gaming. It is a device for “casual gamers on the go”, and you don’t need a 4090 for that. So a 3060 on a sub $1500 laptop is more than enough
But what about people that ONLY use a laptop?
I haven't built a desktop for myself since 2005.

While it is thinner than normal gaming laptops, you can still see it has thickness that surpasses the thickness of razer laptops for example. It means they could not contain it in a typical think case.
It is a beautiful device with very ugly price.

Very expensive device that can remove wrinkles from any clothing below it while you just play World of Tanks or Fortnite. Ironing technology has come a long way in the last 50 years.

Those days its hard to find a proper review that talks about positive and negatives points. I respect TECHSPOT exactly for these references.

Back