Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A, UX31A, UX32A and UX32VD headed to the US

Jos

Staff

Earlier this month Asus offered a first look at the upcoming Zenbook UX32VD during a conference in its native Taiwan. Now, the company has confirmed its range-topping, next-generation Ultrabook will see a release in the US as well, along with three other models: the 11-inch UX21A and 13-inch UX31A / UX32A.

Officially known as Zenbook Prime, the lineup sticks to its predecessor’s looks and pricing, with a super thin all-aluminum body that’s 9mm at its thickest point and 3mm at its thinnest for $799 to $1599, depending on configuration. They all bring backlit keyboards, refined trackpads, Intel's third-generation Core processors, and all but the lower-end UX32A will be offered with optional 1080p IPS matte displays.

asus zenbook prime ultrabook

The smaller UX21A version will be offered in two flavors: one with Core i5 and a 6Gbps SATA 128GB SSD, one with Core i7 and an optional 256GB drive. Intel's integrated HD Graphics 4000 will take care of visuals and a choice of 2GB or 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM will be available. Ports and connectivity include two USB 3.0, a headphone jack, mini-VGA, micro-HDMI, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.

asus zenbook prime ultrabook

The UX31A will be offered with pretty much the same configuration options, but you can also get it with a Sandy Bridge Core i3 CPU at the low end, and you also get a memory card slot and a Mini DisplayPort. Meanwhile, the UX32A and UX32VD both use hybrid hard drives to maximize storage while offering the speed of SSDs, with the latter also offering a 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 620M as detailed in our previous coverage.

Exact pricing and release date information for Asus' new lineup remains under wraps for now.

Permalink to story.

I think ill stick to my laptop that wont shatter when I drop it two inches, thank you very much.

Yeah, that's almost too small for my sanity checks, but I won't actually know unless I check it out in person.

But... possibly the first ultrabook that actually fits all (but one) of my requirements for my next laptop. Still waiting till end of Q2 and Q3 models from the major brands, this is gonna be an interesting summer for me~

all but the lower-end UX32A will be offered with optional 1080p IPS matte displays.

do you think it'll be worth the extra money going to the next step up one for the 1080P display?

It will be a start that most future notebooks large and small to bring out 1080p matte screen, following the iPad 3. After many years of complaining of low resolutions are coming to an end.

Looks a little dangerous. I would never let my 2 year old near it. It might cut him or something worse. I think I will stay with my meaty laptop. It will be much safer when we surf Thomas the train on youtube.

Wow! That's creative! It looks just like a MacBook Air from four years ago...

wow thats funny, a modern macbook air looks just the same as it did 4 years ago.

The review seems to indicate that the UX32A will offer the IPS matte display as an option.

"They all bring backlit keyboards, refined trackpads, Intel's third-generation Core processors, and all but the lower-end UX32A will be offered with optional 1080p IPS matte displays."

Is that incorrect?

Back