AT&T answers T-Mobile Tuesdays with 'Thanks' customer appreciation program

Shawn Knight

Staff member

T-Mobile Tuesdays, the rewards app from the nation’s third largest wireless provider that “thanks” its customers with various freebies each Tuesday, has spawned its first competing program.

AT&T Thanks is a customer appreciation program which AT&T will use to thank its customers for choosing them.

Kicking things off is Ticket Twosdays, a promotion that’ll give AT&T postpaid customers a free movie ticket when they buy one at full price through movietickets.com. The idea is that, each Tuesday, you can take a friend to the movies with you – so long as you have a participating theater (AMC Theaters and Regal Entertainment Group) nearby.

AT&T says tickets will be available to qualifying customers, one per account, once a week for the duration of the AT&T Thanks program (while supplies last each week).

This fall, through a partnership with Live Nation, AT&T will be launching its first presale concert offer. AT&T postpaid wireless customers will get presale access to tickets to select concerts before they are available to the general public.

AT&T adds on its Thanks website that it’ll have other limited-time, surprise offers in store including device and accessory perks, data giveaways and more.

The program is clearly in response to T-Mobile Tuesdays but that’s not a bad thing, especially if you’re a subscriber in position to reap the benefits.

If AT&T plays its cards right, it may actually be more successful than T-Mobile’s appreciation app which has experienced various technical difficulties since launch. Worse yet, T-Mobile’s biggest partner, Domino’s, had to back out of its free pizza promotion just two weeks in citing overwhelming demand.

Permalink to story.

This is one of the few un-carrier moves I feel AT&T could have ignored. Aside from the free stock, I have yet to take up T-Mobile on any of it's "T-Mobile Tuesday" offers.

This is one of the few un-carrier moves I feel AT&T could have ignored. Aside from the free stock, I have yet to take up T-Mobile on any of it's "T-Mobile Tuesday" offers.

You lost... First week got a Pizza for family on Tuesday plus Free movie tickets one on my phone and another on my wife to go see Warcraft Friday night FREE. Then the following week Free Pizza again and $25 for lyft which I gave my brother in law who uses them... And last week again Free Movie ticket (got two) and took my son to go watch Ninja Turtles. Again Free... and gave my buddy my $25 promo to buy something at the MLB Store. Their Tuesday promo has been great so far.

You lost... First week got a Pizza for family on Tuesday plus Free movie tickets one on my phone and another on my wife to go see Warcraft Friday night FREE. Then the following week Free Pizza again and $25 for lyft which I gave my brother in law who uses them... And last week again Free Movie ticket (got two) and took my son to go watch Ninja Turtles. Again Free... and gave my buddy my $25 promo to buy something at the MLB Store. Their Tuesday promo has been great so far.

Didn't lose, I knew about them all....
-I almost never eat Domino's Pizza
-Lyft isn't a thing where I live
-No movies I want to see at the moment.
-Nothing I want from the MLB store.

Back