expansion slots- 1 x PCI Express x16
1 x PCI Express x1
2 x PCI
Hard Disk: 1tb WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1
RAM: two 4gb ddr2
DVD/CD ROM Drive: Sony HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20
Network Adapters: RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
PSU: TECHCOM 600 Watt

i have xfx nvidia 8400 gs right now and i'm totally fed up with this card and SO MANY problems related to it

i've gone through some articles and forums and most of them suggest that ati 5670 is better than gt 240 with same price
should i go for this one?

please suggest me according to the system specs i've provided above.

also suggest the name of the vendor like gigabyte, asus, xfx etc which is better

thanks
:)

If you want to play games at relatively 'modest quality settings' and lower resolution it would be ok, or if you use your pc as HTPC it would serve you alright; but for anything other it isn't something I'll want to buy. I suggest you to consider spending slightly more money and get yourself a HD 4770, which is still an excellent value for money in this market segment, or save for some more time and perhaps consider buying an HD 5750 instead.

i'm a 3d artist

hey thanks for the reply
i work in a gaming studio as a 3d artist...so its obvious that i play games and work on 3d and 2d graphic application.

so what's your suggestion now?

judging my system config is there any other better card that is not expensive also?...my budget is till 7k INR

reply soon

doubt regarding PCI-e slot

please consider the sys specs again because i read in a forum somewhere that ati can cause problem with lower version of pci-e slots and also that they need some specific psu also

i have an old samtron monitor which shows display upto 1152x864

Frankly, I don't think you should buy anything 'too expensive' for that sort of resolution, I don't know how much 7k indian rupees are worth (in $ terms).

Specs are specs, but there could be an issue with older PCI-e slots. Can't say I've heard of anything though.

As for PSU, there definitely shouldn't be any different to the requirements of a similar nVidia card.

What Arc said, can you link to the discussion about the ATI older PCIE problem? sounds like someone blowing smoke.

For around Rs. 7000 you best option is the HD 4770 as Archean pointed out. You could also consider the HD 5750 for a few bucks more.

here it is

thanks for the suggestions guys

i can't paste the link to the thread
its on tomshardware.com...
one user "joegwiz" is saying about PCI-e incompatibility of 5670

read and reply please

has anyone read it

please help me out here as soon as possible.

i can't paste the link here...techspot forum is not allowing me to..

so please please search for this forum about "pci-e compatiblity problem ati 5670" in forums

if i can't buy this card due to this reason, i may won't be able to buy any higher or better card

thanks

To be playing high-end games at that resolution is a bit of a stretch. Has a certain error "Sync out of range" ever appeared on your monitor?
If so, it would be wise to spend some money on purchasing a new monitor as well.
P.S.: You can now post links :)

Back