ATI Catalyst Pro Control Center

Amaze

Ok, I bought my computer (HP DV7 2043cl) with a Raedon HD 4650, and CCC was running when I got it. I was deployed to afghanistan and when I got back had a failing HDD, so I replaced it with 1 TB western digital.

I thought I installed all the correct drivers, but upon getting a bsod, realized this wasnt the case...

then I noticed the ATI CCC wont open up properly. looked online for hours, with different directions all leading to no anvil. using driver sweeper, and rebooting into safemode, uninstalling and reinstalling the manager. everytime I try and open it up, it says "Catalyst Pro COntrol Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using CPCC"

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

I dont think I will ever buy another product with ATI/AMD ever again as I have spent way too much time messing with this.

thank you for any help
I greatly appreciate it.

Ive done this, though it hasnt worked for the past 5 times.....

noone here has ever steered me wrong, so I will try lol

one thing though I dont quite understand is
"2 - Go to C:\Windows\assembly and sort by "Public Key Token". Locate the following Public Key Token "90ba9c70f846762e" Usually there are only two entries. However, there can be many just be careful here we are only deleting/uninstalling entries tagged with the "90ba9c70f846762e" token. (if deletion will not work right click and uninstall)"
there hasnt been a entry like this since ive tried to fix this... I mean it wasnt there all the entire time lol

rebooting now will post update

Well windows decided it wasn't gonna load at all- all uses is my background- no task bar nothing- restarting

Will post results

Back