ATI Radeon HD 5570 Review

You are incorrect with the 5570 driving three displays by itself. On top of that, without the displayport connector you cannot in any way drive three displays. The only way you can do it is if you have the displayport connector AND an active displayport to DVI/HDMI adapter or a display with a built in displayport connector. Display port monitors are more prevelant in the market now and prices are slowly coming down. The adapter prices seem to be going up. Pass this info onto any other Radeon 5000 series reviewers.

I have been using this review frequently, and wanted to say that I appreciate when a review website like TS releases a review for a lower end GPU, it may not be as exciting as a high end GPU review, but it is very helpful for budget builders.
Thanks TS and Julio Franco for writing this review :)

I recently got a machine with this card & I have to say, it's hard to think of as a "lower end" card. Especially with any of the games I like... Star Trek: Online, Portal 2, Unreal 3, among others - with the quality settings way high.

It runs fairly cool, uses minimal power... Not a suer-ultra high end gaming card, sure... But for the price especially it's shockingly awesome.

I appreciate the quality and depth of the review - a lot of work went into the testing and as another reviewer said, its not often you get that depth for low-end cards.

I'd also like to put in a word for those of us who don't focus on gaming, but need a good video card for long hours staring at text, html documents / pages, spreadsheets and Window apps in general. How sharp it renders text and down to what point size are examples of the kinds of 'data' I'd like to see info on. Other areas would be graininess of backgrounds, 'fractilising' of the screen, and color fidelity / bleeding factor.

Lastly, a mention of resolutions supported at 60 Hz would be useful for evaluating card to monitor performance matching. Based on this review, I'm not sure that I'm over-reaching the card's capabilities with my resolution set to my new monitor's native resolution of 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz. If I am, I'd love to know what card I have to upgrade to match my video card to my IPS monitor. Any feedback appreciated.

Generally speaking, all GPU's that aren't old as dirt (2006 onwards, easy) will all have the same 2D output, along with supporting 2560x1600 on DVI port. Digital is digital.

This card is fine for your 1920x1080 IPS.

St1ckM4n: Thank you for your response. It is both helpful and 'comforting' that I don't need to purchase an upgrade to the card. Again, my thanks.

Back