ATT Uverse 2 wire modem relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to relocate the 2 Wire DSL modem to another room. Is this a task that I can do myself or do I need the service tech from ATT to move this modem?

I know they will likely charge a service call fee and would like to avoid paying ATT if I can do this myself.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Norm

It's easy and requires no special tools. Just disconnect the modem from one jack and connect it to the new one. Make sure you put a filter on the old jack if you decide to reuse it for something else, i.e. telephone.

Best,
-- Andy

ATT 2 wire modem relocation

Andy,

Thanks for the advice. I tried unplugging the 2 Wire modem and hooked it up to the desired cable outlet and it didn't work? I tried a different location as well and same result.
I am wondering if the original ATT installer isolated one cable outlet as the only "live" outlet?

This is fiber optic DSL and could that make a difference?

Norm

Andy,

Thanks for the advice. I tried unplugging the 2 Wire modem and hooked it up to the desired cable outlet and it didn't work? I tried a different location as well and same result.
I am wondering if the original ATT installer isolated one cable outlet as the only "live" outlet?

This is fiber optic DSL and could that make a difference?

Norm

Yes, you are correct. You cannot connect a fibre-optic DSL to a cable outlet. As far as I understand, DSL is designed for telephony. If you want to use cable for Internet, you need to get a cable Internet modem. You can call your ISP and perhaps they can help you over the phone. It will be free of charge.

Best,
-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back