Audio and Video out of sync, video card is culprit

uber_beetle

Howdy,

Can you guys help shed some light on this one, I've searched all over and haven't found a solution to this precise issue yet.

Anyway, the gist is, when I wake my computer (Toshiba Satellite L775D with AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.4 GHz) from sleep, the audio and video are out of sync.

Initially, as I tried out the various solutions I saw online, the only thing that would work was rebooting the whole machine.

I have recently figured out that disabling and re-enabling the display adapter is what is required to get back in sync again.

This used to be sporadic, but now that my computer is updated to Win 10, it's every time the thing goes to sleep. There must be a permanent fix short of buying a new computer. Any thoughts?

Thank you!!

Maybe you can sidestep this by using a different media player. There's a zillion to choose from.

Not sure I understand. ... what other application would not require the graphics card to provide video at the same time/speed as the audio?

I was looking on the bright side. If this issue isn't related to software (media player) or drivers (Windows) your laptop is probably on the way out. A graphics chip failure for a laptop is really the end of the road. You haven't said which media player you use but have a go with VLC or MPC-HC and see if that helps. Or is the issue related only to media played on sites like YouTube? See if you can find fresh drivers for graphics and audio.

At least for the moment if you just shut the laptop down instead of using sleep mode the problem isn't there. I never use sleep mode.

Last edited:
Back