Audio bad when viewing online videos

tepeco

Audio playback on all online videos has random buzzing/stuttering interrupts that last 2-7 seconds. This happens only on this Toshiba Laptop. It is not happening on any of the other 4 PCs in this office. I have tried to upload a sample demo of the problem but I was not allowed to do so through this forum's upload button. I have it available if someone can explain the process for posting this mp3 file.

Also, I took the laptop home and it has the same problem there as well. In both office and home, the internet is a wireless connection with plenty of bandwidth at both offices. There is no problem playing videos or audio from this machine whether from the HD or from the office network. Just from internet alone.

(added late): I forgot to mention that the video portion also stutters at the same time as the audio messes up. And, if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering, it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio!

My machine info:
Model Name Satellite P505D S8007
Part Number PSPHJU-00J005
Serial Number *******************
OS Version Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7600
BIOS Version V1.70
CPU AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M520
Physical Memory 4096MB RAM
Hard Disk Capacity 987,936,866,304 [Byte] 920.088 [GB]
Hard Disk Free Space Capacity 668,195,749,888 [Byte] 622.306 [GB]
Video AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 version=8.634.1.0
Screen Resolution 1680 x 945 Pixels
Color Quality True Color (32 Bit)
Sound Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio version=4.98.6.63
Network Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC version=2006.2.826.2009 MAC Address=70:1A:04:A4:F7:EC
Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) version=1.0.0.10 MAC Address=00:26:9E:B9:26:60
Modem None
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
IDE Device TOSHIBA MK5055GSX ATA Device
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT20F ATA Device FW version=ET10

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Does this occur on all browsers? Do you have any plug-ins running or audio codec's installed? You could even go as far as checking to make sure your video drivers are all up to date.

if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering, it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio!
When this happens. Does the computer it self freeze or just the video?

Flash is up to date as I'm reminded of updates regularly. I update everything important almost daily. I do not use IE unless it's needed for a specific function, I use Thunderbird (latest updates/versions applied) and this only occurs on this individual laptop. Codecs? Well, I've not added or deleted any codecs and all videos residing on my hard drive (or across my network of PCs, play on at least 3 different players just fine. Checking with Toshiba for updates on drivers shows me up to date in that area too. The problem is playback of ALL videos streaming from the internet. When the stuttering begins, the mouse freezes during the stuttering moment only. The only thing affected is the sound, the video image and the mouse. The computer works fine otherwise. Internet downloads & uploads are not affected either. I might note that early last week, this began as I reviewed a news story online. Prior to that moment last week, all was well and this did not happen. I have not installed or uninstalled anything on this machine other than removing Comodo's firewall due to some conflicts with special software I use. I did turn on Windows firewall.

Problem is getting worse. Now almost any sound or activity creates a delay with the cursor and text entry. It's doing it right now as I type this. Any activity on the internet or network. Could my built in wireless signal be causing this?

Back