Audio Drivers not recognized by XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently my hard drive from my Sony Vaio PCV-RS620G completely pooped the bed. I bought a new hard drive off of newegg, specifically; Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive.

ANYWAY, I received it in the mail and replaced hard drives. I then re-linstalled XP Home. After getting the internet connected to it and such, I noticed that I wasn't hearing any sounds. When I load iTunes, I get the generic "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration..." and similar warning messages when I open any program that has audio capabilities.

I have been through the generic windows system help to see if it can narrow down the problem, but my computer says that my audio devices are working properly. The only thing I can find are my "Legacy Audio Drivers".

I would love to hear music come from my computer one day... can you please help?!

Anything is appreciated :D

You don't say what you did after installing Windows! Did you install all drivers from Sony? The system seems to be older but I can't get any info on the Audio with the quick searches I did.

Did you check the BIOS values?

I'm not sure if you have HD Audio, if you do, you need to install UAA (Universal Audio Architecture High Definition Audio class driver) before installing the Audio drivers. MS does not allow direct download, but there are many places you can get the UAA, I've downloaded one from HP that I always use. UAA is included with Vista but required for XP.

In few cases, if I used an XP CD with SP3 slipstreamed, certain drivers refuse to install, in which case I had to install XP with SP2, install all drivers then apply the SP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back