Audio of certain tv and movies play all by themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfefe2

Now and then I will hear the audio from the Tv show Top gear, certain ads, and the movie Street Fighter playing on my computer. I have no windows or programs open, and there is no file on my computer related to Top Gear or street fighter and Street Fighter has never been on my computer.

The Audio lasts about 1 minute then it stops. If I pull out the ethernet cable, then it stops within 15 seconds.

I have no idea what this is, but I assume it is some sort of spyware, what do you guys think?

I tried running Ad-aware and spybot but it still happens. Btw I am running XP Professional on an AMD 3500 compaq with 1.5 gb ram

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

You are definitely infected, try not to use internet explorer unless you have to. I would recommend Firefox for an internet browser. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

When infected by the Trojan.Spexta trojan, your computer will become an open mail relay which will allow your computer to be used to send out spam. Just out of curiosity did you ever get an email that you remember that said

Subject: TERROR HITS LONDON
Attachment: London Terror Moovie.avi

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of drfefe2 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back