Auto-Search Feature

J

jtickner1

Okay. Let me first start of by saying I know next to nothing about vB apart from the fact that TS and UF both use it. So if this can't be done here on TS just delete this thread or whatever pleases you mods best.

The Ubuntu Forums have a great feature in my opinion for when you go to create a new thread. When you type in your title it auto-searches underneath for threads with a similar title.

Click on the image for a picture of it in action.

I know TS has a search funtion but a lot of people chose not to use it or just fail to acknowledge that it's there. This would prevent a lot of similar or identical threads being posted.

That's all I have to say really. If it can be done without too much trouble it would be a good addition.

Hmm, interesting suggestion and sometihing we will want to implement for sure I guess. I just checked and Ubuntu is using vB 3.6.7 however, which is newer than ours.

We are waiting for version 3.7 to be finalized and upgrade all at once (it's currently on Release Candidate so it should be soon). Then we will come back to install this and a couple other things that should help us considerably.

Thank you for the feedback!

I would also like to suggest something like neowin.net/forum/ has, with its live auto scrolling forum.
Although I do not like the smallness of the viewing new posts area, I do believe that showing the last 10 new posts, is better than TS present ~20

Back