Inactive Avast finds Trojans & Worms in Scan but can't Remove them

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrporro

Hi,

I've just done a scan with Avast and it's found 18 viruses(trojans, worms) that it can't remove.

I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I've done a boot-time scan with avast too but it doesn't pick anything up.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• ScanResults.gif
    ScanResults.gif
    56.2 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to TechSpot!
If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
======================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.

If I haven't replied back to you within 48 hours, you can send a PM with your thread link in it as a reminder. Do not include technical problems from your thread. Support is given only in the forum.
Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.

NOTE: You do not need to paste the Avast log.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.02.24.02

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
######## :: ########-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

24/02/2012 18:22:52
mbam-log-2012-02-24 (18-22-52).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 194354
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Please stop the GMER scan and go on with DDS.

Then follow with these:
Please note: If you have previously run Combofix and it's still on the system, please uninstall it. Then download the current version and do the scan: Uninstall directions, if needed
  • Click START> then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
--------------------------------------
Expect these- they are normal:
1. If asked to install or or update the Recovery Console, allow. (you will need internet connection for this)
2. Before you run the Combofix scan, please disable any security software you have running.
3. Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.

Download Combofix from HERE or HEREhttp://www.forospyware.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe and save to the desktop
  • Double click combofix.exe
    cf-icon.jpg
    & follow the prompts.
  • If prompted for Recovery Console, please allow.
  • Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:
    • The Recovery Console was successfully installed.[/b]
    • Note: If Combofix was downloaded to a flash drive, the Recovery Console will not install- just bypass and go on.[/b]
    • Note: No query will be made if the Recovery Console is already on the system.
  • .Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs
    (If you need help with this, please see HERE)
  • .Close any open browsers.
  • .Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware
  • .If Combofix asks you to update the program, allow
  • When the scan completes , a report will be generated-it will open a text window. Please paste the C:\ComboFix.txt in next reply..
Re-enable your Antivirus software.
Note 1:Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
Note 2:If you receive an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", restart the computer.
Note 3:CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.
========================================
To run the Eset Online Virus Scan:
If you use Internet Explorer:
  1. Open the ESETOnlineScan
  2. Skip to #4 to "Continue with the directions"

If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer
  3. Open Eset Smart Installer
    [o] Click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.exelink and save to the desktop.
    [o] Double click on the desktop icon to run.
    [o] After successful installation of the ESET Smart Installer, the ESET Online Scanner will be launched in a new Window
  4. Continue with the directions.
  5. Check 'Yes I accept terms of use.'
  6. Click Start button
  7. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    esetonlinescannersettings_thumb.jpg
  8. Uncheck 'Remove found threats'
  9. Check 'Scan archives/
  10. Leave remaining settings as is.
  11. Press the Start button.
  12. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please wait for the scan to finish.
  13. When the scan completes, press List of found threats
  14. Push Export of text file and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Paste this log in your next reply.
  15. Push the Back button, then Finish
NOTE: If no malware is found then no log will be produced. Let me know if this is the case.

I'm sorry for the inconveniece you had with the GMER entries. There was a glitch on the site that prevented the email feedback for a reply. I had left a reply recommending that you start a new thread- same subject with 'Attn: Bobbye.'.

Update and run Malwarebytes again, Skip GMER. Run DDS and leave the 2 DDS logs in next reply. The post you made about a problem with DDS seems to be missing. If you will refresh me on what that problem was, I'll help you work around it.

If you need the links for the scans again, you will find them here:
Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back