AVG cant remove files..

Status
Not open for further replies.

crikk23

so ya a while ago i installed AVG tho i installed it into my D drive and forgot to get it a folder.

now files leftover some still running that i cant stop (i tryed to delete them but some will not go away)

like i still have AVG Watchdog running but cant stop it at all.

some the files i can not delete is:

avgcfgx.dll

avgidpsdkx.dll

avglngx.dll

avglogx.dll

avgsea.dll

avgwd.dll

avgwdsvc

avgwdwsc.dll

how can i remove them?(i deleted most of the other files for AVG but still may have some i cant find.) i want them all off my pc.

First of all, I cannot be sure how you installed it, sorry "forgot to get it a folder" does not mean much to me.

Second, how did you uninstall it? Through the correct uninstall procedure control panel / add/remove programs, or though the AVG menu items uninstall option? The first method is the correct one. You never uninstall something in Windows by "just deleting" it.

One possibility for you now is install it again (same package exactly, in precisely the same place if you did not accept the defaults), then uninstall it by the approved method already mentioned.

If that does not help, search the AVG site for assistance - look for a specific uninstaller to download. If no joy, try revo uninstaller.

Note that after running the proper uninstall process, some parts of AVG may still be running, but will disappear during the next reboot.

First of all, I cannot be sure how you installed it, sorry "forgot to get it a folder" does not mean much to me.

Second, how did you uninstall it? Through the correct uninstall procedure control panel / add/remove programs, or though the AVG menu items uninstall option? The first method is the correct one. You never uninstall something in Windows by "just deleting" it.

One possibility for you now is install it again (same package exactly, in precisely the same place if you did not accept the defaults), then uninstall it by the approved method already mentioned.

If that does not help, search the AVG site for assistance - look for a specific uninstaller to download. If no joy, try revo uninstaller.

Note that after running the proper uninstall process, some parts of AVG may still be running, but will disappear during the next reboot.

sorry

when i installed i change its path to just D: so it got mixed with all my files.(it did not make a folder for its self)

and i uninstalled by deleting the files, what happen was i also installed nvidia driver in there so when i tryed to run the uninstall instead of uninstalling it would run the driver install .

hope this helps a little more.
and i cant delete whats left of AVG and cant stop watchdog from running.

Better use Avira

I was pretty much annoyed to try AVG. It can't remove all types of viruses but put a load on the machine. I was really amazed with the performance by Avira. Even the free version is enough to protect you from malicious attacks. Try it.
o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back