Avira not updating

wolfblitz

Im not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes..............................................

I have tried unsucsessfully to update avira antivirus it used to be ok but for some reason it wont update now. Ive tried uninstalling and re-installing a number of times no luck, ive also tried installing differant antiviras but they wouldnt update either.
The thing is windows updates ok and malwerebytes updates ok.
Ive included the log from the last update attempt in case this helps.

Thanks

Attachments

• Upd-2010-09-07-20-40-25.log
    42 KB · Views: 2
Without going into your update log, I give the following advice from my personal experience, which I believe you should consider before doing further efforts, which may even cause more harm than good.

I take it for granted that you've checked your firewall log to ensure it's not blocking the update for some reason.

Bear in mind that Antivir does occasionally have update problems, because its servers are busy, though this does not seem to be happening right now. When such problems occur, they are usually resolved of their own in a couple of days. More generally, updating seems to be a weak point of this otherwise first class utility.

The first thing to try is to enter a scheduled updating task to take place at a time that suits you:
Administration > Scheduler: enter the update task.
This solved a similar problem in my case some time ago and it’s even more convenient, as updating takes place at the time I prefer.

If the above also fails, you can seek specialized advice from experts at the Avira support forum for AntiVir Personal for Windows. You'll see many people having updating problems and a solution proposed may also apply to you. If not, You can post your log there.
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=135

Well thats just too weird for words..........................Ive been trying for over a week or more to update Avira no luck as I said in my post I also installed other antivirus but they wouldnt update either and literally minuets ago I read your reply and thought I'll give it another go before I take it any further and bugger me it updated.

Thanks for your reply bobcat much apreciated.

You're welcome, glad your problem is solved, keep in mind what to do if it does it again.

Back