AX860i sudden shutdown followed by boot loop

Hi guys,

I got a new PC a couple days back and today, my PC just shut down randomly twice, followed by a boot loop and clicking noises. There wasn't a boot loop or anything like that, it was like pulling out the power cable; it just shut down suddenly.

Corsair Link shows the PSU temperature at around 45C (I live in Pakistan and it's really hot here, daytime temps are up to 46C). It also shows that OCP is enabled and set to the maximum value for all 6.

Also, this problem hasn't appeared since I installed Corsair Link, but that may be purely coincidental.

I'd really appreciate your help
smile.gif

Turn off 'automatic restart on error' so you can get a good look at any error screen which may show. 'Clicking' may be HDD - so check SMART and make notes of various values so you can later compare.

What is current settings for Over Current Protection (OCP) and how does that compare to the sticker values on the PSU?

46C - hot, but PSU should be good to 85C - check specs from manufacturer. HDDs like to be lower than anything else which is another reason to go to SSD.

A strong surge protector may be very necessary.

Turn off 'automatic restart on error' so you can get a good look at any error screen which may show. 'Clicking' may be HDD - so check SMART and make notes of various values so you can later compare.

What is current settings for Over Current Protection (OCP) and how does that compare to the sticker values on the PSU?

46C - hot, but PSU should be good to 85C - check specs from manufacturer. HDDs like to be lower than anything else which is another reason to go to SSD.

A strong surge protector may be very necessary.

OCP is enabled for all 6 options and the amperage is set to 40 for all of them. As I said earlier, the problem has gone away since I installed Corsair Link. Is it possible that OCP was previously disabled and installing Corsair Link has enabled it and that has something to do with the problem?

And the HDD is fine, I checked it a week back, plus I'm 100% sure the noises are coming from the PSU. The second time it happened, I put my ear right next to it.

Installing Corsair Link has enabled it and that has something to do with the problem?

You could confirm on the Corsair forum.

Back