Backing up my OS

IMO, make a system restore point to capture configuration and drivers. Then, take a folder copy of %USERPROFILE%\Documents for user files.

DO NOT store user files on the desktop -- if necessary make a Shortcut and then move THAT to the desktop

should of given you more info.
In what way does that influence my comment.

I lost my 11yr Win/7 due to unavailable parts, BUT RECOVERED ALL USER FILES with ease -- much easier than any backup program

I figured it would help. I have no idea how to follow your directions. Somebody told my to right click the C Drive, click copy & paste it in a folder on a flashdrive. It made sense but I didn't do it. I also googled my question & still too confused.
Certain things on a computer I can do very well, other things are way over my head. This is obviously wayyy over my head.

Did I do it correct?? I Copied your %USERPROFILE%\Documents , & pasted it in search, a folder popped up, right clicked & copied it, made a short cut on desktop & pasted it in there, hoping I did it right.

Don't know what was supposed to be in that folder, but I doubt filehippo has anything to do with backing my harddrive up :(

Did I do it correct?? I Copied your %USERPROFILE%\Documents , & pasted it in search, a folder popped up, right clicked & copied it, made a short cut on desktop & pasted it in there, hoping I did it right.
I'm pretty sure that was the right way to do it.

Filehippo is a software downloading website that offers computer software for Windows. There is also a Filehippo App Manager, a free program that scans a computer for outdated software and offers links to more recent versions. It doesn't seem to have much to do with this.

Filehippo is a software downloading website that offers computer software for Windows. There is also a Filehippo App Manager, a free program that scans a computer for outdated software and offers links to more recent versions. It doesn't seem to have much to do with this.
Yes, I am very familiar with that program but to the best of my knowledge it don't work on W10 now, I've tried a few times to get it. As for the Scourgeforce screensaver thing, its a zip file thing & I don't like them, but thanks anyhow :)

Select the Start button, then select Control Panel System and Maintenance Backup and Restore
Do one of the following: If you've never used Windows Backup before, or recently upgraded your version of Windows, select Set up backup, and then follow the steps in the wizard.

Ok, if you've read post # 4, it explains what version of W10 I'm using if it matters.
That said, I tried what you said " If you've never used Windows Backup before, or recently upgraded your version of Windows, select Set up backup, and then follow the steps in the wizard. ". It would not let me use a flashdrive as back up & no cd/dvd player.

Back