Bad hard drive? Start up issue

xtort81

So over the last month I've had some issues rebooting my PC. Basically it's hard for me to do it. I'll choose restart from Windows everything will shut down but then nothing happens. Everything is still running but nothing happens. I then turn it off and on a few times and nothing. Everything sounds like it's running but nothing happens. Finally I open up the case unplug the power to the motherboard, plug it back in and then it seems to boot up. I watch the lights on the MB and it goes to the ram the video card then stops at the HDD for a few seconds then finally starts booting. The HDD isn't making any funny noises. Also when it finally does boot up I can't see anything until the windows login screen. I'm not sure if that's because my monitor is hooked up to an hdmi port on my video card, rather than the standard DVI or VGA. When I first got the monitor I'm 99% sure I was able to see the boot up process. All of my components are less than a year old. Any help would e greatly appreciated.

Back