Bad HD or motherboard?

Yesterday night, when using my computer, I slightly kicked (really, REALLY, lightly) the side of my case that keeps the MB in place. Before kicking, there has been weird issues with the reset button. When pressing reset, sometimes the computer would shut off and then automatically turn itself back on. After kicking, I heard a bunch of weird sounds similar to something that would be going haywire.

The problem now is, when I turn on my computer, it shows me the screen with all the buttons to BIOS (etc...), then turns black. No mouse, or anything (doesn't boot my windows either). Everything was working perfectly fine before the slight kick. :dead: The resets before this had occured had no effect on my system's performance.

I'm using:

CPU: Intel Quad Core q6600
MB: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L
Graphics Card: EVGA nVidia 9600 GT 512mb SSC
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
OS: Windows Server 2008 modified into a gaming workstation similar to Vista Ultimate

When pressing reset, sometimes the computer would shut off and then automatically turn itself back on.
I don't quite understand. How is this different from what is supposed to happen when you press the reset button?
After kicking, I heard a bunch of weird sounds similar to something that would be going haywire.
And what does going haywire sound like? If you haven't already, check all the cable connections inside the PC. Perhaps something got jarred loose. Maybe a loose cable came into contact with a fan to cause the "haywire" noise.

What's different of how the reset happen is that sometimes it just resets without shutting off the PC entirely, and sometime it doesn't.

I opened up my case and replugged everything including my cards.

Can you describe the sound? It could be something like a cable hitting a fan, maybe the hard drive failing or maybe the power supply giving up.

I'm assuming your drive is SATA - have you tried reseating the connectors, both to the mobo and to the PSU? Tried different ports?

Do you have a different computer you could try your HD in?

If the hard drive sounds like it's failing, as a precaution you should backup any files or data you consider valuable. Once that's done try replacing the hard drive and see if that solves your problem.

Back